Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Spectrum Radio Help - Mixing

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Spectrum Radio Help - Mixing

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 07:12 AM
dep293

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum Radio Help - Mixing

I have a Spectrum DX7 (an older radio around 2008) and I bought a AR610 receiver for my new plane. My plane is a U Can Do 3D .46 and the elevators use independent servose. The receiver AR610 has an AUX1 but my radio only has an AUX2 in the Mixing Program. I can't figure out how to hook up the receiver to make both elevator halves work with this receiver. I did however plug my slave servose into the "Gear" plug and was able to make it work but when I hit the gear switch the elevator on the slave channel goes to Full Throw. I'm just afraid if I do it this way I will accidentally hit the gear switch while flying and cause me to crash the plane. Should I have bought a AR7610 receiver? The AR7610 receiver does have an AUX1 and an AUX2.

I'm not real good with radio set up yet but I'm learning. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-26-2015, 09:08 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Why use two servos on the elevators? I have the larger You-can-do .60 and I use two servos on the ailerons but not on the elevators.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_DSC04037.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	2132621   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06165.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	2132626  
Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 AM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

The plane comes with separated elevators and a servo pocket for each side. Of course one can revamp it so the elevators are connected, but the plans call for two separate elevators.

I don't find much advantage to this other than giving one the ability to adjust the surfaces separately with the radio.

Also, answered in the radio section, the OP can connect the two servos with a "Y" harness and just use the elevator channel. But to do that he may need to rotate one of the servo arms 180 degrees to get the halves traveling in the same direction and then adjust them mechanically.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:51 PM
StevL

You may leave it in the gear channel and "inhibit" the gear switch. Been a long time since I looked at your radio but you can stop the switch from working.

steve
Old 12-16-2015, 07:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Also, make sure you use mix-5 or mix-6 I believe, thats the only way the trim on the master will follow the slave