Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Water slide decals

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Water slide decals

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 05:55 PM
doc8254

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water slide decals

Looking for a place to buy some letter decals to finish up the Gipsy Moth I've been building. I need 6 3'' letters in Black and 8 2'' White letters. All I can find are sheets with single letters at $8 a sheet. I'll need 5 sheets. $40 for some letters are a little steep for me. Not sure if these old hands are steady enough to cut them out but I may have to try if I can't find some decals. Any help will be appreciated!
Old 12-12-2015, 04:22 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Water slide decals are not prominent in our hobby.White is nearly impossible, because most printers do not print white.

My suggestion would be to contact Calle Graphics. http://www.callie-graphics.com/

Calle can custom cut vinyl for you. You will find that she provides great service at a more than fair price.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:25 AM
doc8254

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Tom! Doc
Old 12-16-2015, 03:31 PM
doc8254

A real pleasure to deal with Callie! Thanks for pointing me in her direction!
Old 12-16-2015, 05:33 PM
golf4two

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCrump
Water slide decals are not prominent in our hobby.White is nearly impossible, because most printers do not print white.
White background waterslide paper is available. However your Calle Graphics suggestion is a very good one.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:27 AM
doc8254

Thanks Tom for pointing me in her direction! Her delivery was prompt and as you said the price was right! I mounted the decals yesterday. Some of the 5" letters are fine while one had bubbles. I'll see what it looks like later this morning. I was going to stick the bubbles with an Xacto knife but hands are too shaky. Today may be a better day for that.