Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How often do I change my batteries in my transmitter

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

How often do I change my batteries in my transmitter

Old 06-29-2017, 10:22 AM
xXsnipedoggyXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do I change my batteries in my transmitter

I own a Spektrum Dxe, and I was wondering how often should I change the AA batteries in it, there is 4 AA batteries, I haven't actually flown my plane yet but when I was installing my throttle cable I had my transmitter on and off for a while
Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 PM
F4 Phantom blue angles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a tough one,It depends how much you love your plane. One thing you could do is,Put new batteries in.Turn transmitter on,check every hour or so,and check responsiveness on your servos , and check your batt,meter on your Tx. When the meter on your Tx.is way down ((,Don't wait till compleatly dead)).This will give you some kind of idea of what to expect. Example---If your Tx. batts. Are down in the ((Yellow-Red zone)) after say,12 hrs,Then you could probably get at least 6-8 flights out of them.((Maybe more,maybe less. I'm only Guessing,This is the only thing I could come up with.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:10 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The manual tells ya . If you don't have one, down load it from Spectrum . I'm not sure but it seems like I remember the cut OFF point ( change batteries ) was 4.1 . but I'd change sooner then that. I also think there is a warning when they get to low . I'm not a big Spectrum person so take it for what it' s worth . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 07-01-2017, 08:28 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The Dxe has a low voltage alarm. Generally, the manufacturers err on the side of caution when calibrating their alarms. Best practice is to keep a log of how much on time you've had on the transmitter when the low voltage alarm goes off. You'll have time to land when it happens, or you can do some flying then just let the radio sit until the alarm starts. You'll probably be surprised how long a set of AA batteries can run your transmitter. I don't think it matters for current consumption if you are working the sticks or not since it's the RF circuit that uses most of the power. Then once you know how much on time you can get out of a set of batteries, back off by 15% or so and replace the batteries after that much time.