Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

mini Apprentice vs Freewing Pandora

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

mini Apprentice vs Freewing Pandora

Old 07-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Katsuro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini Apprentice vs Freewing Pandora

Hey, guys i'll be buying my very first rc airplane after months on the simulator Name:  smile.png
Views: 167
Size:  819 Bytes I have gotten which trainer I want down to the two options. Each of the have great features, so i'm asking you for help. Which one would be best considering that my end goal would be to buy a warbird in a couple of months. Lastly is SAFE necessary/helpful and how much space do i need to fly a 55" rc plane? Thanks for your time~Alex
Old 07-08-2017, 08:32 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

SAFE has never been necessary, evidenced by the fact that RC pilots flew for years without it. If you are going it alone (not recommended) though it can help you in those initial few weeks of practice.

Space- figure up how much you think you'll need and then double it. Basically, if you can see trees from where you are standing then you can hit them. Never fly over people or property either. Have a look at the AMA safety code for some very good common sense guidelines to keep yourself safe and out of trouble.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Katsuro

Originally Posted by jester_s1
SAFE has never been necessary, evidenced by the fact that RC pilots flew for years without it. If you are going it alone (not recommended) though it can help you in those initial few weeks of practice.

Space- figure up how much you think you'll need and then double it. Basically, if you can see trees from where you are standing then you can hit them. Never fly over people or property either. Have a look at the AMA safety code for some very good common sense guidelines to keep yourself safe and out of trouble.
Thank you very much for the advise, but you didn't mention witch of the two planes you'd prefer for a starter?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:08 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I couldn't comment on that because I don't have any experience with the Freewing Pandora. The Apprentice is an excellent plane though. Of course, you are paying for the SAFE system, the money for which I'd prefer to see go to club dues or even paying for an instructor. But if you must go it alone the Apprentice is a good place to start.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Katsuro

Originally Posted by jester_s1
I couldn't comment on that because I don't have any experience with the Freewing Pandora. The Apprentice is an excellent plane though. Of course, you are paying for the SAFE system, the money for which I'd prefer to see go to club dues or even paying for an instructor. But if you must go it alone the Apprentice is a good place to start.
Thank you so much!!