Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Still a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Still a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 AM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fliers1
Too bad you live 390 miles from me,because I would gladly teach you to fly and more than likely within a day or so. You can learn on my LT-40 and all I ask in payment is the cost of a gallon of fuel.
I taught a Canadian gentleman several years ago who also had Parkinsons. BTW, he had been a bomber pilot in WW2. His right hand would shake quite a bit. So I had him place his hand on his leg as he sat on a chair. Interestingly enough, after a few minutes of flying, his hand all but stopped shaking. Wonder if the medical establishment might be interested. He did solo that day.
I might want to take you up on that offer if it is a possibility. I can help you pay for gas. There is a place to fly about 35 minutes from here on I-95. Or I could meet you part way. You can contact me at [email protected]
Old 02-16-2018, 03:54 AM
fliers1

Originally Posted by obrien135
I might want to take you up on that offer if it is a possibility. I can help you pay for gas. There is a place to fly about 35 minutes from here on I-95. Or I could meet you part way. You can contact me at [email protected]
Is that place to fly a club or private field?
Old 02-16-2018, 10:05 AM
obrien135

It's a state park. Hammonasset State Park in Madison, CT. It's a beach but theres a prettybig field and I hear people do fly there. I've never flown there yet though
Old 02-16-2018, 11:11 AM
fliers1

Originally Posted by obrien135
It's a state park. Hammonasset State Park in Madison, CT. It's a beach but theres a prettybig field and I hear people do fly there. I've never flown there yet though
I'm afraid that you would have to travel to my area. Like so many have said, there are probably lots of clubs near you that would happy to provide instruction.
Even if I would make the 400 mile trek to give you free training, what if there is a law against flying in a public park?

Last edited by fliers1; 02-16-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:17 PM
obrien135

OK, I understand. It's ok anyway because it turns out that my wife didn't give me the go ahead on that anyway. Thanksfor suggesting it. I'll find someone in my area.

George