Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What size prop?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What size prop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 01:37 PM
welderskelter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size prop?

I took the motor off of a weed eater. Now I need to know what size prop would be one to start with to try out. Also how are they usually attached to crankshaft. I know I sound really dumb BUT i AM ABOUT THIS RC FLYING . hA
Old 02-08-2018, 02:46 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If you could give a hp rating and cc displacement. Someone here could give you a good place to start. With out knowing anything about the engine there's no way to pick a prop size.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:04 PM
welderskelter

I think it would be the smallest weed eater. Not sure I can find the size anymore. The iron pile is covered with snow.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:31 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

"The iron pile is covered with snow". What does that mean?
Old 02-10-2018, 03:37 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what frost on the pumpkin means, but no idea what The Iron pile is covered in snow? Is that like what My Grandmother used to say to my Mom when she was a little girl, Careful, you don't want to show Christmas and no pie's baked?

Any way, When I did mine, it was a small one, something like a 1.3, 1.6 on the side. I never did get it running well. It was hard to start, could not get the coil to give a good zap to the plug. With the newer electronic coils, it should be easy. I found a prop adapter on line. I used a 18X6 prop for mine. It flew a 70 inch bi-plane around, not a power house or anything. But was fun to fly.

If I tried for one today, new ignition, coils would be first on the list. Check flying giants, they have a few conversion threads there.

Buzz.