Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

trouble flying in advanced mode

Old 02-01-2019, 04:41 AM
fliers1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by obrien135 View Post
I thanks for the offer. I talked to my wife but she doesn't want to go or for me to go. Sorry about that. I appreciate the offer. Really can't beat that for an offer. Thank you for trying. I'm sorry about all that repeated postings about the same subject over the months or years I guess I forgot about the original ones and I've been mulling this over in my mind for a long time haven't had a plane in about a year but I've still been thinking about it. I know that instruction is on the way to go. Because of the dangers of flying on my own. But it will have to wait till perhaps sometime in the future unless I find other activities that are more suitable for me and my present situation again thanks to offer their help and support I wish you all well happy flying
No problem. You are not alone. In all the years I've been in the hobby, I've had literally hundreds of people come to me and being in the same situation you have been in. As a result, the hobby has been in decline for decades.
Big businesses like Hobbico, Hobby People, and many others have gone down the tubes. I guess I have to realize that I'm fighting a losing battle. Hope you find something that you will enjoy and stay with.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:33 PM
obrien135

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I keep getting tempted to try it again because I had a revelation or two about how I could improve my flying like using up elevator when banking 2 get the turn started without hesitation in India using too much Bank as a result but I don't think I can put these ideas into effect quickly enough to avoid further mishaps so I think I should continue on my direction of not pursuing it any further I just wanted to mention that
Old 02-06-2019, 02:30 PM
fliers1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I keep getting tempted to try it again because I had a revelation or two about how I could improve my flying like using up elevator when banking 2 get the turn started without hesitation in India using too much Bank as a result but I don't think I can put these ideas into effect quickly enough to avoid further mishaps so I think I should continue on my direction of not pursuing it any further I just wanted to mention that
I just figured that will all the money you spent on eventually crashed airplanes, not to mention all the time, effort, and headaches attempting to teach yourself, spending a few hours travel and just one day actually learning how to skillfully fly, would be worth it. There is nothing like the feeling of being able to takeoff, fly very smoothly and land safely on your own every time.

Dave Scott, owner of The First US RC Flight school has customers, mostly from clubs, have no trouble traveling hundreds of miles and spending more than $1500 just to learn how to fly RC airplanes.
He made so much money that he could afford a full size Pitts Special biplane, which he competes in aerobatic competition.
Sorry to see you go. Good luck
Old 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are some 32 sanctioned flying clubs in CT. Given the size of CT, I would suspect you are probably fairly close to an existing club which would likely be more than willing to train you to fly. Note, you may have to join the Academy of Model Aeronautics before they'll start training but visit the club and check with them first. You can find the local clubs on the AMA website (www.modelaircraft.org) and at the very bottom of the page there is a link for "Club Finder".
Old 02-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Appowner
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think you need to ask yourself a serious question. Do you want to persue this hobby or not? Yes or No.
And if so, at what level? From the all inclusive ready to fly toys to scratch built scale. Choose your poison.

Then do as the folks here have suggested and get with a club for proper instruction.

And if your answer is No? Then turn and walk away from here and everything else about the hobby.