Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Looking for training - Chicagoland

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Looking for training - Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 04:22 PM
murphyslaw1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for training - Chicagoland

So on a whim, I bought two planes, both complete and need nothing. Everything is assembled, I have everything to start, run, control, fly, the plane. One is a Hangar 9 with a .61 Evolution nitro trainer.

The problem of course, is that I’m sure I’ll crash it without some help. I’ve had plenty of RC experience, but not with airplanes.

What’s the best way to get some training in Chicagoland (particularly the Schiller Field location)?

Is the a better forum for locals?
Old 06-05-2019, 04:45 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to modelaircraft.org. On the home page, under Media/Resources, there is a link for Find A Club/Flying Site. It shows a dozen clubs within 15 miles of 60176 and provides links to get in touch with the clubs. Many of them will offer free flight instruction for new comers. You may have to join the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) and/or the local club but it is well worth the investment. Modern training techniques/equipment make learning to fly pretty much crash free. They can also make sure your equipment is air-worthy before committing it to the skies. Not always the case with pre-owned items.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:28 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.modelaircraft.org/club-finder