Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Just for a second or two

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Just for a second or two

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:10 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just for a second or two

I asked many people , in and out of the hobby/sport of RC aeromodeling if they ever asked anyone if they would like to fly RC airplanes.
Those who said they did bring the subject up, reported that the people they asked had no interest whatsoever.

When I ran a small hobby shop several years ago, I would ask every customer who came in if they would like to just give rc flying a try.
99% immediately said absolutely not. I then asked if they would like to come out to the flying field just to see my trainer in the air.
Those who took me up on my offer, come out to the field, which was 3 miles away from the shop, watched as my trainer take off and fly.
I then held the tx out in front of me, with no fingers on the sticks, just to show them how stable a trainer is.

Then I put the tx in front of the customer and had him hold it, just for a second or two, just to show them the plane wouldn't blow up just because the tx was in their hands.
Next, I had them put their thumb on the aileron/elevator stick, just for a second or two.
Then I put my thumb and forefinger underneath their thumb to show them how to slowly move the stick, just for a second or two.
Ten minutes later, the now "uninterested" customer/rc pilot became very interested, as a result of just for a second or two. lol

Last edited by fliers1; 09-10-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:32 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

The fields I have flown at sometimes had interested people show up. We have to be as enthusiast and friendly as possible. I am not very experienced myself so I'd help them with what I can and then usually referred to them to the pros that were around.