Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

New to the group.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

New to the group.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 09:38 AM
KimBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the group.

Good morning all, greetings from Oregon.
I just started flying in April. Now a member of Barnstormers out of Portland.
I need help identifying some cubs I have aquired. Where should I start ?
Cub #1: Was given to me buy a friend, I believe it is an early Carl Goldberg. It is covered in what seems to be a cloth? Rather than Monokote. with a 77" wingspan. It needed a cowl, I ordered one from Fiberglass Specilties and have not yet tested it for fit. Currently has a TSI 60? engine in it. Don't know much about the TSI
Cub #2: Carl Goldberg 40th Aniversary Cub...... partialy built kit with the box and all the plans and instructions. Needs a windshield. Partialy built wing is in rough shape.
Cub #3: I need help identifying. It seems to be an ARF. Very good condition. Needs a windshield also. I ordered what I thought was the the correct window kit..........wrong! I can't post pics yet so lets chat some till i get enought post to do so.
thoughts on # 1 or #2? Where can I get a windshield/windscreen for the 40 aniv?
Old 10-04-2019, 02:18 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome !!! I don't know if this will help but I've made my own windows etc. from some plastic sheets I got at Hobby Lobby in the craft section . Good Luck . Red
Old 10-16-2019, 08:34 AM
KimBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red head
Welcome !!! I don't know if this will help but I've made my own windows etc. from some plastic sheets I got at Hobby Lobby in the craft section . Good Luck . Red
Thanks for the idea, I ordered one from Lazer Works. We talked and he said he had one that was the dementions I needed. It came yesterday will see if it fits this morning.