Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Nextstar flight sim similarities and differences

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Nextstar flight sim similarities and differences

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Throttle Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nextstar flight sim similarities and differences

How close is the sims responsivness, power, and overall feel compare w/ the real thing?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:53 PM
bobs_201
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nextstar flight sim similarities and differences

The simulated NexStar's engine power is totally different from the real thing...the .46 is much slower in acceleration when the throttle is immediately pushed to full. The overall sim is close but not exactly to the real thing. Although the included sim will enhance your flying skills and is essential before flying the your NexStar. (Just my experience, you will hear many others)
Old 01-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Dewalt17

Default RE: Nextstar flight sim similarities and differences

I agree with bobs on this one. The throttle respone is the biggest difference. I believe the sim is a lot different than the "real world" flying. The greatest part about the sim for beginners is it teaches you not to over-control the airplane and helps you understand the backwards control when the plane is flying toward you. This is its biggest benefit. I think in some aspects its much easier to fly for real than on the sim. You have a much better perspective when flying at the field. When you fly on the sim its almost like you have "blinders" on.

If you are learning to fly I highly recomend it. It will shorten your learning time dramatically and may save you a few planes.

Happy Flying!!!!

Sean