Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Is $15 too much for flight lessons

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Is $15 too much for flight lessons

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:52 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is $15 too much for flight lessons

It's still a valid topic to stir up now and again judging by some of the current posts.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Marcio Senger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it still being a valid topic, I´ll tel you "our" (brazilian) conditions.

I have never seen people talking about free teach. Once you are a club member, it will coast a little less, and the schedule also will "fit much better" . The membership coasts something like R$20,00-50,00 per month in most clubs (U$ 1,00 coasts R$2,50). The lessons on your own airplane, fuel, radio, etc... will coast R$ 5,00 each flight.

Otherway, you can get leassons on a kind of open field, not mantained by any club, only cleaned by those who use it, on it´s free will. This coasts again R$5,00 on your own stuff, each flight, for the first 3 or 4 flights, than it became free for the rest of the day, no mather if you do 5 or 10 flights after this point. OR 15,00 for the first 3 or 4 flights on the instructor airplane, radio, fuel, than after the fourth flight decay again to 5,00 each flight until the end of the day.

Considering a normal flight on a trainer .46 sized, it normaly take ~15mim , I think all this condition is OK, not perfect, but acceptable.

Márcio Senger
Old 07-31-2006, 09:16 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fully admit that here in the U.S. many of us are spoiled by many of the things we take for granted. Most of us were trained for free and are more than willing to pass that on to the newbies. It helps to perpetuate the hobby IMO. In other countries, with different economies, I can understand that things might be different.