Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

New to forums.. Question about my Nexstar!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

New to forums.. Question about my Nexstar!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 12:04 AM
dkf1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forums.. Question about my Nexstar!!

WASSUPPI!!! I'm new to the forums. I just bought my first RC plane. It's the NexStar Select. I liked the stupid rookie features it has. And I also like the way these features were removable for a little more fun later down the line. I have a few questions about the plane. First I was wondering how the plane performs with the airfoil extensions and speed flaps removed. Will it be a good plane after the initial learning phase? Another question. Would it be possible to use my radio, reciever, servos, and engine on a different plane, later on? And that's if I don't smash everything on a horrific wreck.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:25 AM
AcousticTX

Default RE: New to forums.. Question about my Nexstar!!

Hi dkf1979,

I have never flown that plane but It looks good. I have seen people fly them at the field, but never with the add-ons that Im aware of anyway. Hobbico makes some sweet planes, I think you will be happy. You can definatly use the radio gear and engine in a different plane later on.

Good luck!
Old 02-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Ernie. T

Hi I Bought The Nexstar Select About A month And A Half Ago. I Would Say I pretty Much Got The Hang Of It Already. It's Very Easy To Fly And If You Use The Simulator, I Would Say That's About 85 percent Of learning. I'm Already Trying Basic Arobatics And I Don't seem to Have a Problem. AS A Matter Of Fact I Already Got 7 Planes (SHHHHH), I Haven't Told My Wife.But all In all I Would Say That I Like The Plane.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:46 AM
dkf1979

Hey Ernie. T. Did you use an instructor? Or did the options the NexStar has,and the simulator allow you to successfully learn to fly by yourself?
Old 02-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

When the flaps are removed the plane will pitch down a LOT.
You may want to have an instructor or test pilot to fly it at first.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:56 AM
BadAtti2de

With the breaks and extenders removed the plane will fly level, it just wont slow down as fast for landing. I learned on my own on the computer and without an instructor. (Not recomended by a lot of people here, but.......) I bought my nexstar the 1st week of Jan this year and I too already own and fly 3 other planes. Its an easy and stable flier. Enjoy.
Oh, and spend as much time on the computer as you can!!
Old 02-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Ernie. T

well Actually I Met And Was Under Trainning From A Very Experienced Trainer.When I Used The Simulator I Didn't Know That The Flight Stabilizer Was Not Clicked On. I Learned to Fly Without It. When I Clicked It On I Was totally Confuse. I Have Never Connected It , And I Probably Never Will.