Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

hacker trainer

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

hacker trainer

Old 04-08-2004, 10:34 AM
kom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hacker trainer

hi all.....

i am thinking to buy my first glow trainer next week and i want to ask if you guys know anything about hacker swallow trainer ? my lhs informed me that this plane is easy to be controled

i can choose between hacker swallow - thunder tiger trainer 40 - great planes i cant remember the model

the link below is for hacker

[link=http://www.hacker-model.cz/trainers/swallow.htm]hacker swallow[/link]

thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Crashem

Default RE: hacker trainer

I have no info on the hacker trainer so I can't comment on it. I have had experience with the thunder Tiger trainer 40 I found it to be a very good flying and looking plane mine came with a hitec focus 4 radio and thunder tiger GP.42 engine I disliked the Hitec radio but found that the thunder tiger engine even though it was a cheap bushed engine to be reliable and well made The engine after being crashed and left in a box covered with dirt and attached to the firewall for over 3 years is know running great in another plane I did nothing but clean the mud and replace the broken prop its still using its orignal (5 year old glow plug)

IMHO trainers by design exhibit nearly identical flying characterics that the choice of which trainer to choose is less important then choosing a good instructor to work with
Old 04-08-2004, 01:34 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to agree with Crashem.

Most trainers are fairly close in construction and performance, it's the instructor you should choose carefully. (If you have a choice. )

If you're thinking about learning on your own, buy a foam type park flyer instead.

Good luck, and welcome to RCU!
Dennis-
Old 04-08-2004, 02:06 PM
kom

i have an instructor ( the guy from my lhs ) and he will help me for free with all the equipment i'll need compared with some others here in greece take about €30 an hour [X(][:@]

i can't decide what the plane will be ( this is my instructor's decission ) but the radio will be futaba 4YF and the engine thunder tigre .40

thank you all for your answers....
Old 04-10-2004, 09:42 AM
kom

finally i bought ripmax trainer 40 and super tigre GS-45 but the plane was cracked at the front of the body near the engine mount and unfortunately i havent noticed that when i was in my lhs [] - next week the guy from my lhs will replace my trainer with a new one

what do you think about this trainer and engine ? the radio will be futaba 6EXA

i am waiting your comments
Old 04-11-2004, 09:33 AM
kom

come on guys don't you have to say something about this trainer ? do i have to replace it with another one or take the same again ?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:57 AM
SENZA

Good choice on the radio, but your links dont work on the plane picks so i cant comment on it if thats what u were trying to do
Old 04-11-2004, 02:13 PM
kom

i think that the reason was a problem with webshots thats why you couldn't see my picks

here's the link http://community.webshots.com/album/130048556hTfViN
Old 01-29-2017, 07:48 PM
patgene920

Default Hacker Swallow 40

I picked up this Hacker Swallow 40 on ebay. It's big and boxy but has lots of potential with a few mods I will make. I think my new OS 46axII will pull it along well. I will update as I progress.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0228.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	2198873  
Old 01-30-2017, 04:55 PM
ratshooter

Welcome to the forum. You might try starting a new thread instead of dragging up a 13 year old zombie thread.