Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Elitist clubs... no wonder some new guys choose to teach themselves!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Elitist clubs... no wonder some new guys choose to teach themselves!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elitist clubs... no wonder some new guys choose to teach themselves!

NO kidding!! I've got a good friend that lives in Lindsay. Her grandfather owned a well service company there, Lindsey Well Service. Which Davis coach are you related to? There have been a couple of changes in their coaching staff the past couple of years, but I probably know who you are talking about. His last name wouldnt be Shannon, would it?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Hurricane90

Default RE: Elitist clubs... no wonder some new guys choose to teach themselves!

Oh yes, Lindsay Well Service, I know them and I'm sure they know me or at least my dad. The coach is a 3rd or 4th cousin so I am drawing a big fat blank on the name. I need to ask my sister or mom or remind me. It's not Shannon. Was there a coach Kapella? Not sure of the spelling. His son or nephew is my age and that was his last name but it may not be the coaches last name. He was definitely there in '98. Isn't that one of the years they won state? Out of all the 100,000 members on this sight I finally found someone that is either from my same state or knows things that I know. I was wondering how long it would take to find someone.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Lowlevlflyer

Yep, I know coach Capella. He was one of the best coaches Davis ever had. He's not coaching anymore, but I believe he is still in the school system here, teaching. Yeah, '98 was a state title year for Davis. They made it to the state finals last year but got beat by Bethany. So you went to TU? I went to Spartan flight school out at Riverside airport and did their degree program through Phillips University. That was back in '91 though. I know what you're saying about finding someone else here that is from the same area of this state. It's sort of a rare occurrence.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Hurricane90

Sweet! Yes, he led that team to some good years of football. I thought that he had stopped coaching but wasn't sure when or if he was still in the system there.
I went to TU on a football scholarship from '96 to 2001. Got my mechanical engineering degree and moved to Boise, ID with my wife. I know Spartan and that airport. Very cool. Not only do we come from the same area, you know some of my family. I guess when it is so rare to see someone on here from the same area they might as well know the same people you know.
Good talking to you and let us know how the flying club search goes for you.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Lowlevlflyer

Great, I will let you know how it goes. IF it stops raining here by this weekend, I am planning on going out to their field and checking things out. I'll shoot you an Email and let you know how it goes. You ever make it back this way much?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Hurricane90

Okay, sounds good. Still raining, huh? I hope the club visit goes well.
I get down there just a couple times a year. I was there about two months ago. I'll probably go down again for Thankgiving.