Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

gws micro Rx, for example.....

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

gws micro Rx, for example.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 02:35 PM
Texy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gws micro Rx, for example.....

....can they be used in 'full sized' planes, or do they have limited range?
My angle is that, although I,ve only just started flying my TT trainer 40, that has only got an old 4 channel JR Tx/Rx setup, I would also like to have a go at electric/parkflying. If I got a gws micro Rx (with more than 4 channels, say, if it exists), could I double up its use by using it in my 2nd (main ic) plane?
TIA
texy
Old 07-30-2002, 03:27 PM
f2racer

Default Which model?

Originally posted by Texy
....can they be used in 'full sized' planes, or do they have limited range?
My angle is that, although I,ve only just started flying my TT trainer 40, that has only got an old 4 channel JR Tx/Rx setup, I would also like to have a go at electric/parkflying. If I got a gws micro Rx (with more than 4 channels, say, if it exists), could I double up its use by using it in my 2nd (main ic) plane?
TIA
texy
It really depends on which GWS RX you've got. Most of the GWS gear sold in the states are single conversion stuff. I think all of these are pretty range limited (effective range of under 500 feet for the Pico stuff or under 1000 feet for the Micro stuff). I would not risk a model that's capable of flying 50+ mph (or more than 70 feet per second) on a RX that has such limited range. That being said, GWS does produce some dual conversion RXs which have an effective range of about a quarter of a mile. This might work...

Don't know why their effective range is so short though, most RXs list an effective range of 1 mile or more.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:27 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Default gws micro Rx, for example.....

I use Hitec micro recievers in my 2 parkflyers and they only have a range of 500 feet, as f2racer has mentioned.....for the relatively low price of a micro or pico reciever...you're probably better off getting a seperate one for your future parkflyer...

Mike