Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

World Models T-34 ARF Pushrod issue

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

World Models T-34 ARF Pushrod issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:33 AM
gazevedo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models T-34 ARF Pushrod issue

This is my first ARF (trainer was RTF) and I am concerned that the pushrod from the nose wheel to the servo has approx 3" drop. The
metal bends gracefully , but I am worried about the amount of friction. What is the best way to determine there is too much friction. If the servo can drive it, is that good enough or is there some other way.

Is this unusual for a T-34. The way the servo tray is placed in relation to the nose wheel horn, I just assumed this is the way it has to be installed. Any suggestions?
Old 11-09-2004, 04:53 AM
flyerdarren

Default RE: World Models T-34 ARF Pushrod issue

The push rod to the nose wheel should be pretty flexible. I always tend to use some guide tube to run the nose wheel and throttle pushrods through. It will also help to run the guide tube through some some small blocks of balsa epoxied to the inside of the fuse. This helps to eliminate flexing in the pushrod. I hope this helps a little, I 'll snap a picture of my set up later today and post it for you.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:18 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I built T-34 a couple weeks ago, and recall same problem. I slotted pushrod exit in firewall slightly, and as Darren suggests, ran a pushrod guide to keep the pushrod from wearing away the firewall and rear former. It also makes it a lot easier to run the pushrod with the fuel tank installed.
I did manage to mount the pushrod on the wrong side of the fuselage, so my NWS was reversed. An easy fix, but a PITA when you're at the field.

You're gonna LOVE that airplane, by the way.

Andy
Old 11-09-2004, 05:16 PM
gazevedo

Thanks for the input. I did place the guide tube to protect the balsa, I was mainly worried about the amount of force the servo
had to apply to move the nose wheel. I think I am just being paranoid but wanted to ask more experienced builders there opinions.

George
Old 11-09-2004, 07:35 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

AHA... a picture. Tail is to the right, nose to left.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19326.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	191653  
Old 11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
gazevedo

Quick update.

Flew the T-34 for the last couple of days and have had a great time with it. Fantastic plane and the O.S. 46AX is a great, reliable engine. My biggest problem is that I am getting some servo chatter from my nose wheel servo. I think it is draining my battery slightly faster than normal, but I can live with it.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
jcaz72

Great that now you are having a good time with the WM T-34. I have one and have been flying it for about 4 months already. I can not say anything else than just a nice flying aircraft. By the way I used the pushrod tube fm the beginning and did not had any problem with the setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64649.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	702.7 KB
ID:	198105  
Old 04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
sfsjkid

My solution to the problem was to open up the holes in the formers so the rod could take a more natural bend, then using guide tubing in the radio area only. If done right the wire at the firewall is held in place by the nosegear bellcrank without it touching anything, tubing in other areas protect the formers. I don't have any buzzing at all. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:35 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buzzing could be caused by something in rudder system too. Disconnect individually and see when buzz quits, then see if you can fix it.