Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Pay it forward (Was freebie and fee engine)

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Pay it forward (Was freebie and fee engine)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 02:05 PM
CliffR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pay it forward (Was freebie and fee engine)

Hey guys my name is cliff, i was wondering if anyone had any kind of servos for mini electric heli( like hs 55) or a old compture radio. Let me tell you my story. I am 16 years old and i love flying. As a matter of fact I am currently takeing flying lessons because i really want to become a pilot when i grow up. I have 32 hours and just about to solo. ( cant wait) Well anyway I got an heli off ebay it was a walkera #35. when i got it home it was horrible, all the eletronics are horrible. I havent gotten it to fly yet becuase of the bad electronics and the motor sitcks. Well anyway i was just hoping if anyone had some extra small servos laying around or a reciver or radio. I would by them my self but after spending 200 on junk i cant afford anymore because i have to pay for my lessons (yup i pay for all my flying lessons.) It comes out to 200 a week so i really cant spend anything, and i am currently working 2 jobs to pay for it. I would really appricate if i can get any of those items. Thanks allot guys and gals
Old 06-05-2005, 02:20 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Hey Cliff,

Tell ya what...I'm in need of some servos as well...slightly larger ones. I happen to have, however, an HS-55 and an HS-50.

I also have some larger servos that I'm not using. Thing is, I can return the sub-micros for some store credit toward the servos I need. So I don't want to just give them away....SO, I have a thought.

I need 3 Futaba S3101 (or similar) servos for the Electro Streak I'm building. Essentially, the servos need to be 1" long by 1" high, by 1/2" wide (or real close...I can cut a LITTLE out of the servo trays if needed) and provide a minimum of 20 oz torque. (manual says minimum is 15, I'm playing it safe ) I have 3 BRAND NEW JR 537 servos, that have never been flown or installed in anything, that I will happily trade someone for 3 S3101's.

Cliff...IF I can find someone to make this trade with me, then I won't need to get anything out of the sub micro's, and will happily send them to you for just the cost of postage.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:54 PM
CliffR

Thanks for the post, if anyone would like to trade 3 servos for 3 mirco servos would be great. I have 2 jr nes 527 servos and one futaba s3003 servo. they are stanrdard size servos. Please help me, i would trade those for three micro servos
Old 06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
mlawrencemsc
My Feedback: (19)

Hey Dude's, I solo'ed Sunday had four flights and 3 take offs and 3 landing and brought the ole LT-40 home in one piece that made for a good day. I did manage to bend the landing gear twice and and broke two props, but I did good because one of the landing was a dead stick the end of the muffler came out and the engine died so I just had to put er down where i could. I had a good time and look forward to going again.[8D][8D]
Old 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone...

A suggestion was made for a logo for this thread so one was designed. The design was done by [link=http://www.rcgraphicszone.com/]RC Graphics Zone[/link]

Wadda ya'll think.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42913.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	282161  
Old 06-08-2005, 09:43 AM
CliffR

looks cool i like it
Old 06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
CliffR

hey guys i am begging someone, if u would trade with me, I would like hs 55 servos. I have 2 jr nes 527 and 1 futaba s3003
Old 06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
SoonerAce
My Feedback: (1)

Cool Graphic! I vote we keep it. Matter of fact, I'd like to use it as tail art on my Uproar 40.(nice lil freebie).
Old 06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
bubbagates

Sooner,

Hold off a few more days. There is another version coming that is very much like this one but a little something added
Old 06-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Oryon21

Here's the story.... let me clarify that this IS a want, and not a NEED....but it borders a need due to mya ddiction to this hobby! lol

ANyway.. I am presently working on a Midwest Extra 300 (27% i think) that I got in toledo. At the time, getting the engine and servos needed was not at all an issue. Now, it is. My fiancee and I have broken up, and beore she left... well.. lets jsut say my bank account hit the negatives. Between bills and paying for school, I am unable to fund htis project any further. I do need the engine and servos for this plane, but i do not want to ask for too much... so I am asking for the servos... I will try to get the engine SOMEHOW.... the thing is, I would jsut save up this winter and get it ready for next year's season, but, My club flies an "airshow" called the flying circus, at our local airport. I intended to have this plane done and ready to fly by then (weekend of the 17th of august) but there is no possible way for me to come up with the funds to take care of that. In the spirit of this thread, I would rather Donate a few tings to othr persons in need orr want of somehting, rather than to go off and sell things to try and come up witht he cash to buy this stuff new.

SO thats wat im asking for... high torque servos.... need 5 of them... for a Midwest Extra-300

I will pay-it-forward by donating the folowing:
an electro-streak airplane... .this is a nice 2nd plane for an electric modeller... I will include the electric motor and a battery pack for it.
An older Supertiger .60... runs GREAT, used to fly it in a pattern plane that has since done th lawn dart thing, but the engine still runs perfectly.
A U-Can-Do 3d .60 size... this plane also flies great... donating this plane wil be contingent upon getting the parts I need for the extra, sicne htis is the plane I am currently flying...
I also have a Tiporare (spelling migh tnot be right) that I would be willing to donate... this plane probably needs to be recovered, but is a good flyer.
an OS 40? (not certain exactly) with a rear exhaust, has a header on it which can be used for a tuned pipe.. this engine ran well 3 years ago, but has been stroed since, so im unsure how it will do now.. I do know the bearings are all free, and rotate smoothly, and it has good compression.
A Lite Machine's corona 120 Electric heli... this heli ahs been flown a few times, it is missing the canopy. I will include an 8 cell NiMH pack for this heli.

Thanks for this, and I think this thread is an INCREDIBLE idea, and I love seeing the generousity of the people in this hobby, the people, along with the planes, is whats kept me addicted over the years.

if you need to email me.. .my email that I registered RCU with is currently down :/ so I made a new one.. [email protected] Please use that address rather than whatis on file with RCU

matt
Old 06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
cantw8tofly
My Feedback: (3)

This message is to Bubbagates and to all those who gave donations for my new plane. I recieved a gift today. A brand new LT-40. And a gift of friendship. A few weeks ago I and my husband put together a plane. I soloed if today for the first time oh my gosh what a feeling I had of pride and of course scared half to death. My take off was great, but then it died and I had to land a dead stick for my first landing. Wow It was great. Smooth and complete. Well a while latter my husband said it was a little to sharp to turns and wanted to adjust it, hmm well they did and he crashed it. Broke my heart. Broke his more I think tho. I didn't cry till I got home. He did something I didn't expect he posted his booboo and a pay it forward came to me. I would like to thank each and everyone of you, and you know who you are, Thanks for my gift. This was not his intentions to get a plane just a few thing no one needed to get me set back up to fly, then to pay it forward with stuff we had no use for. As I sit here and write this the tears of joy fill my eyes and I hope you all know how much you all mean to me. Your mothers, fathers, children, sisters, brothers, wifes, husbands, and friend should know how wonderful you all are for this. I will set a thread of the building of this plane and send photo's of the plane when I fly. And for any and all if you ever need anything please don't hessitate to let us know. Please all.... pay it forward if you can. This is the greatest thing. Well were gonna get busy now I have a plane to fly wohooo Thank you all once again you have made me very happy and pleased to know you.( a friend is a gift we give to ourselves) (cherish each and every day as if it were our last.)God bless you all.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
bubbagates

Tonie,

You know what you need to do. Change the build order a little bit and get all of the epoxy work done tonight and let it dry overnight,

Then grab Dave, chain his butt to the work bench area and make him stay there until it's done. That way you may be able to fly it Sunday.

Now all you have to do is figure out if I'm kidding. OK OK, I am kidding, I think, but I'll bet I gave you an idea

Oh yea. Dave asked me about a week or so ago if I could track down a needle valve for the engine but I was unable to. I did find out that Perry has a replacement carb for that engine. If anyone that may read his has one, this is a Magnum 40 that the needle valve was broken in the crash. they need a complete needle setup (needle, spray bar, etc..) or a whole new/used carb.

Perry is the company that makes Perry pumps for R/C aircraft and this is the carb you need.

The part number is 2000

And a link to it.

http://www.perrypumps.com/prod01.htm#magnum

Now go and enjoy your new plane...
Old 06-10-2005, 05:42 PM
keepiru1

I like the logo, Bill.....but I want to put it on my new receiver *hint, hint* *LOL*

Rich

Old 06-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Good graphics ken. I like it. I wouldn't mind the rc graphics zone sticker for my planes...
Old 06-10-2005, 10:18 PM
bubbagates

Chad,

Here it is on my Funtana90 and Extra 300 wings and pilot names on my Super Stearman and Funtana90

He does excellent work and well worth the money

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47034.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	283292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47623.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	283293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64844.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	283294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78796.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	283295  
Old 06-10-2005, 10:20 PM
CliffR

hey guys its my cliff again, if you havent read my post before, i was in need for so micro servos. I said i would trade for them. Well anyways i was trying to learn to fly my heli, when al of a sudden it just came crashing down. It was a walkera. I broke imput shafts, roto blades, ect... well i got it all back to gether ading, with spare parts that came with the kit, but now the throttle on my rx doesnt work, Walkera electronics are horrible just to let you now, Well anyway i was wondering if someone would be willing to trade a tx and rx for an xbox(it comes wit greg hastings paintball). Please PLease Please help me. If you would want more money for the rx and tx i will give you my xbox and what ever else i can find that is valuable. The xbox is like new condtion. It was really only played for an hour. Thanks guys
Old 06-10-2005, 10:25 PM
bubbagates

Cliff,

You may have better luck doing a want add in the market place.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:34 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Chad,
I'll get you a price sheet for the graphics if you are interested. That would be for the RCGZ graphics of course.

We have developed a Pay It Forward graphic too. But Bill hasn't decided if those will be for sale or not. Right now they are limited to those that receive items from the PIF.

Ken
Old 06-11-2005, 10:30 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

looking for a fuse for a sig kadet senior. anybody know where i kind find one cheap ? had a little accident, but wing survived, somehow...[:@]
Old 06-12-2005, 04:31 AM
keepiru1

Bill and Crew,
I may be able to help here as I have a few whole carbs lying around and aome are, if memory serves. Magnum .40 or .45 sized. what I need is to get an accurate measurement of the carb mounting hole diameter.

Rich
Old 06-14-2005, 06:57 AM
bubbagates

ORIGINAL: keepiru1

Bill and Crew,
I may be able to help here as I have a few whole carbs lying around and aome are, if memory serves. Magnum .40 or .45 sized. what I need is to get an accurate measurement of the carb mounting hole diameter.

Rich
Rich,

cantw8tofly has been trying to get in touch with you about the carbs...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:40 PM
keepiru1

Bill,
And so he has....thanks.....did you notice the last bit of that post? *G*

Rich
Old 06-15-2005, 12:36 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

very nice logo bubba ! great job!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Spaceclam

CliffR,
a while ago, bubbagates sent me a TX and RX that i thought were futaba (my fault, i did not research it) to get my trainer back in the air, which had been gutted in order to equip and fund another project. it ended up being JR, and so i have no use for it. it's an old radio, a century 7, but it's a very nice one for it's time. although i have always wanted an xbox, the spirit of this thread is pay it forward, and i could immagine how much it would suck to trade it for something like this. It's yours if you want it. i have tested it and it works fine.
cheers,
-Clam
Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 PM
burndred

Hey everyone , i was just wondering , if anyone out there has a carb for a thunder tiger gp 42 engine , i bought it off ebay a while ago but it needs a new carb , i thought maybe someone out there might have trashed one of these engines so having the carb intact if anyone does have one then pm me and i will try offer you something in return

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.