Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

KADET LT-40 building plans

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

KADET LT-40 building plans

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 02:21 PM
OldGuru
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KADET LT-40 building plans

I managed to crash my ARF yesterday. While taking off, it suddenly turned to the right and then nose dived into the grass... It was the 3rd flight of the day and the plane was in a pretty good shape (till that happened).

In order to put it together, I need to remake the front part of the plane. One of the parts that needs to be completely remade is the piece of plywood where the front wheel and engine are mounted.
I was wondering if anybody knows where can I get/find a plan of this model (KADET LT-40) to make the new one as closer to the original.
Is there any site on-line that has plans available?

Thank you in advance,
OG.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:12 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Might try contacting Sig to see if they can or would sell you the plans from the kit version. Check in your club, one of the other guys might have a set of plans laying around. Any idea what caused the crash? When you said third flight I immediately thought of a low battery.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:24 PM
OldGuru

I just contacted SIG by email. I hope they'll be able to help.

I don't really know what happened (it was really happening fast!) and what caused the crash. I only remember that the plane was going up and to the right (although it was full throttle - it flew quite slow) I tried to pull it to the left but it wouldn't react...

I didn't check the batteries after the crash. This was the 3rd flight of the day (after 2 short ones where I just took off and landed). The batteries where charged for the whole night prior to the day of the flight.

The only thing that I noticed after the crash was that the connector of the servo (that is mounted on the wing) was disconnected although the wing was firmly attached to the fuselage.

Thanks,
OG.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:51 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Connector - no ailerons

Looks like no aileron control. May have been loosely connected and worked loose during previous 2 flights.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:24 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV2.html?E+Sig
Go there, click sig catalog, accessories..they have the plans for the LT 40 for like 11.00 and you can buy a fuse for 66.95
Old 08-19-2002, 07:25 PM
garye

Sorry to hear about the bad luck...But a couple of thoughts.

Assuming that that connector is the culprit, perhaps someone knows of a connector that has a positive lock, such that it comes apart only when you want it to. I'll bet lots of us would like to know about that.

Also, this may be a good time to consider converting the LT-40 to a tail dragger. There is a good 'plastic' main gear available, along with some 3 inch dia main wheels. Rumor has it that landings on grass are much easier when rigged that way.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Hummve

just asking did you pull out the antenna i have seen planes go down the same way you said because of that.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:27 AM
OldGuru

just asking did you pull out the antenna
Yes. The antenna is attached to the bottom of the plane starting at the front all the way to the back.

Also, this may be a good time to consider converting the LT-40 to a tail dragger. There is a good 'plastic' main gear available, along with some 3 inch dia main wheels. Rumor has it that landings on grass are much easier when rigged that way.
At this time I'm going to change the front wheel to a bigger one (3.25" ?, instead of the original 2.75") so I could maneuver the plane better on the ground (we have a grass field).

Thanks,
OG.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:31 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think Hummve was referring to the Tx antenna...

In any case, you said:

Originally posted by OldGuru

I only remember that the plane was going up and to the right (although it was full throttle - it flew quite slow) I tried to pull it to the left but it wouldn't react...
OG.
Maybe it took off without sufficient airspeed and was stalling the whole time. Hence, no aileron control.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:51 PM
TerrellFlyer

Hi OldGugu,
half a dozen or so of our club flies LT40s,if you strike out on help,email me an address and I'll copy the front of the prints for you. My email,< [email protected] >
Have a goodun, John.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:26 PM
bowhunter

Hi OldGuru

I have one cut out of the same material the original was. I can send you one if you like just send me your address. I have the original kit and use it for a template to build my LT-40.
Thanks
Harvey
Old 08-21-2002, 12:53 PM
eugene

you might consider purchasing a small pkg. of shrink tubing from your LHS. to seal your connections. you have to CUT it off to open the connection..all my wing and fuse extensions are joined this way...shrink it and forget it.....
Old 08-21-2002, 09:02 PM
OldGuru

you might consider purchasing a small pkg. of shrink tubing from your LHS. to seal your connections.
How does that work for the wing servo?
Every time I remove the wing I'd have to remove the shrink tubing as well, don't I? or, I may don't understand exactly what you mean.

Thanks,
OG.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:57 PM
klumsy_kid
My Feedback: (14)

Hi OldGuru

Reading your second post, is it possible you pulled it off the ground too soon - before you were really up to flying speed? If you do this, the plane is sluggish ("slow") in the air and you don't have sufficient air flow over the control surfaces to control the plane.

I have seen several "radio interference" claims at our club turn out to be forcing the plane into the air at too low a speed and then stalling it into the ground.

On the other hand, the fact that your aileron connection was disconnected can't totally be discounted. A question on this. Did you take the wing off and disconnect/reconnect the aileron servo wire between the second and third flight?

In the real old days, we used to use package tape to wrap the aileron connection. I have also seen fellows do a little loop knot in the aileron connector wires to keep them from pulling apart.

Hope that this helps and good flying with your bird when you get the rebuild finished.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:13 PM
klumsy_kid
My Feedback: (14)

Hi OldGuru

Reading your second post, is it possible you pulled it off the ground too soon - before you were really up to flying speed? If you do this, the plane is sluggish ("slow") in the air and you don't have sufficient air flow over the control surfaces to control the plane.

I have seen several "radio interference" claims at our club turn out to be forcing the plane into the air at too low a speed and then stalling it into the ground.

On the other hand, the fact that your aileron connection was disconnected can't totally be discounted. A question on this. Did you take the wing off and disconnect/reconnect the aileron servo wire between the second and third flight?

In the real old days, we used to use package tape to wrap the aileron connection. I have also seen fellows do a little loop knot in the aileron connector wires to keep them from pulling apart.

Hope that this helps and good flying with your bird when you get the rebuild finished.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:20 AM
eugene

I alluded to the connection of a servo extension inside the wing or fuse....a 1in piece of shrink tubing over the joint will prevent it seperating inside the wing itself....the connection of the wing lead to the servo connection each time you fly cannot be this permanent...sorry if I confused you
Old 08-22-2002, 11:11 AM
OldGuru

Hi all,

I alluded to the connection of a servo extension inside the wing or fuse....
uh, OK. Now I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

Did you take the wing off and disconnect/reconnect the aileron servo wire between the second and third flight?
No I didn't. Actually, I also didn't check all the servo's response to the radio Tx (pre-flight checks) before the 3rd flight... I did it before the first flight though... Since I had 2 rough landings prior to this flight, could the aileron servo connector get disconnected?

All the above answer definitely help. I still have tons of things to learn about this hobby. With this forums help and support, I'm sure I won't get discouraged even when it is not that easy to fly as I may have imagined before.

Thank you all for your answers, ideas and support,
OG.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:21 PM
OldGuru

Hi all,
The current status of my plane can be seen here:

I hope to be able to fix it soon...

Thanks,
OG.