Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Kit Building..

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Kit Building..

Old 12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
no1speshal
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kit Building..

Thanks for the input everyone. I found out what happened. The ribs for one wing are different sizes from the same ribs on the other wing. Some are longer and others are taller.

This is one of those things to look out for when building a kit. Just because the kit is lasar cut and lasar stenciled with numbers, does not necessarily mean the parts are accurate as far as symmetry.

I went back and measured everything twice, on each wing half. What I found is that the ribs I used on the left half of the wing are about an eighth of an inch shorter, chord-wise. Since I got this kit from a friend, who got it from a friend, the history is up to your imagination. I do not know how old the kit is or how many other people looked through it and had their hands all over it. My lack of initial preperation taught me a lot.

I guess we can add this one to the list of things to watch out for in a kit. Computers are programmed by people. Just because it is lasar cut does not mean it is right. Measure before you do anything.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Red