Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Which 1 of these for first low wing plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Which 1 of these for first low wing plane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Beav-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig S.Extra?!?!?!

The Sig Somthin' Extra is a magnificant plane!

You should be warned tho'.....

It is EXTREAMELY AGILE! I chose this as my second plane and did mods to put a '91 FX on it! Can you say VERTICAL?

I also went out and purchased a Futaba 9 CAP...I'm new (June) to this hobby and I'm hooked!

Turn her WAY down....use 50% - 70% on the expo...and keep it way high to begin with. I started with 15% expo and nearly crunched her a few times...way to sensitive to set up and land smoothly. Now I'm a little more comfortable with it a little "softer in the center" and it is a blast to fly.

Take it slow and you'll be rewarded!!

I love mine!

Beav
Old 09-18-2002, 02:54 AM
Seth
My Feedback: (12)

Default Which 1 of these for first low wing plane?

He is right, I my self learned a lot flying that airplane and it's easy to build.
Seth
Old 09-18-2002, 04:36 PM
spd37

Default Which 1 of these for first low wing plane?

Thanks to everyone for your help and opinions. It will be a few weeks before I get the SE but I will let everyone know how the build and flying goes. Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:12 PM
apbonura

Default Second Plane

I chose the World Models Super Sports 40 as my second plane. I was looking for something that would be relatively stable but still perform basic manuevers. I definately found it. The best part is that the ARF is only $99. I can fly it with confidence knowing that with another $99 and 2 days I can be up a flying again.

I have an Irvine .53 in it and I have yet to find any limitations short of 3D manuevers.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:25 AM
fatporkkid

Default 2ND PLANE

DUDE I 'VE BEEN FLING FOR A MONTH AND I ALREADY HAVE A SECOND PLANE.AND A THIRD .AND A FORTH.I WAS GONNA GET THE RYAN RV BUT I GOT THE EXTRA 300S 40 FROM GP. IT FLYS GREAT.ITS ALL ABOUT CONFIDENCE.I REALISE EVEYONE MAKES IT SEEM LIKE IT IS SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE SECOND AND THIRD PLANES.I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT BUT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO WITH MOST OF THESE PLANES IS TURN DOWN THE THROWS AND INCREASE AS YOU GET MORE COMFORTABLE. JUST GO WITH WHAT YOU LIKE .I HAD A 1/4 SCALE CAUSE I GOT A DEAL ON IT.I FLY MY EXTRA AND THEN FLY THE 1/4 SCALE ,(WITH MY FRIEND THERE TO BAIL ME OUT ).SORRY I CANT SMASH THAT ONE ITS TOO PRETTY.LOL .GL