Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

T-34 Landing HOT

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

T-34 Landing HOT

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:45 PM
sfsjkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-34 Landing HOT

I love the T-34, it is so forgiving, and this might be the plane that doesn't need a stall test. On one take off, my engine died at around 15 feet. I was still able to do a 180, line up with the runway and land normally. Also, landing is so much easier than your typical trainer with wire gear. The gear doesn't lend itself to bouncing, and if you set the nose gear right, the wing incidence will glue the plane to the ground once you are there.

I've found that the plane is capable of landing very slowly, slower than most trainers in fact, and yet with the right trim settings, can land even if full throttle kept until the end of the last approach turn. As others have mentioned, the landing speed is dependent on your approach, so I won't go into it again. But the question I have for you is, why do you think coming in hot is a bad thing? Even with my full throttle approach, if I hit the runway mid span or earlier, I can weave back and forth on the ground to kill speed.

BTW I have an OS 46FX in mine with a 10x6 prop.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:11 AM
phillyfry

been flying warbirds for several yrs now bot tri gear gear this would be my second trainer beingfirst. question would a thunder tiger 61 pro broken in great engine be good for my hanger9 t-34 mentor and should i go with retracts or keep it standard.hear good and bad on this bird like all arf any help in this matter.. thanks phil
Old 01-01-2007, 04:47 PM
ELTIGRE

well I have flown several mustangs & THEY DID NOT tip stall. they did have a tendence to come in hot due to clean configuration( no flaps) and high pitch prop. changing prop solved that. I agree with some others slow down , dont dive at runway(common problem with new flyers) change prop .