Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

LANDED on 4th,5th,and 6TH flight.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

LANDED on 4th,5th,and 6TH flight.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 08:07 PM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LANDED on 4th,5th,and 6TH flight.

I've been getting my SON-IN-LAW in the air, DESERT MOUSE and I Went in partners and set him up a NICE, GOLDBERG EAGLE 2... And my DAUGHTER (his wife) bought him a new 6xa transmitter.

We've been taking him out with us on the weekends, Today I had him buzzing the runway,just above the ground. Well he was doing so good on final, I told him to bring the engine back to idle and just KEEP THE PLANE FLYING... He made a sweet three point landing. and throttled up to take off and do it again. HE DID!!! Two more times. One time I had to take it away from him as he got disoriented on inputs. the others were unbelievable.. I asked him if he had had enough?? his response was ONE MORE TIME.... I wished I could've landed that well that soon.... Now he wants to go back out tonight.. He's 42 years old and has real good HANDS..

WELL,,,,, It looks as though we're a three flier family!!!!

Now I need to get serious about that trailer I've been talking about.

DESERT RATT....
Old 09-23-2002, 01:47 AM
Norm Nestie

gOOD to hear about another new flier. Having trained with an Eagle 2 I have to sday you picked a real nice plane. Happy landings.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:10 AM
Braindead_Ed

lucky him, he has such a good teacher
Old 09-23-2002, 04:16 AM
Braindead_Ed

before i forget, on my weight problems on my scratch-built project, i increased the wingspan by 6 inches, and added a little bit steeper dihedral(since there aren't any ailerons on it). now i haven't bought an engine yet but I'm thinking on either a .40 or a .46, any thoughts?
Old 09-23-2002, 05:48 AM
DESERT MOUSE

Ed,

PAPA says to go with the 46, it will give you more power for now if you need it, and it will be a better engine down the road on another plane. He also says not too much Diheadrel. But the other changes sound like you're on the right track.

Scott, shot four more landings this evening. Two bouncy,one PAPA had to take it, and the other beautiful.. Then PAPA said the sky GOT BAD. and we came home. PAPA is working on his H-9 540 Edge. It should be ready to go in the next couple of days.

We have to go to LAS VEGAS tomorrow. PAPA wants to look at small trailers. He wants one to haul the planes with. And he needs to stop at the hobby store and get some things for the edge.
Time to go to bed, good night everyone.

DESERT MOUSE (Cody)
Old 09-24-2002, 01:59 AM
Braindead_Ed

thanks for the advice, ill put it to good use