Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Pet Peeves (Don't hold it inside anymore!)

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Pet Peeves (Don't hold it inside anymore!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:16 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pet Peeves (Don't hold it inside anymore!)

When you throw your alarm clock across the room and its acutally your Triton charing your Tx. (Don't ask me why I charge batts at 5AM)
Old 04-21-2005, 12:26 AM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You finally get a chance to go and fly, so the night before, you prep your plane, charge your batteries and pack your field box. In the morning, you pack it all into your car and head for the field. You get your plane assembled and fueled, put up your frequency flag and ... find you left your (*^*%%^&(* transmitter at HOME!!!!!!!!!

Scott
Old 04-21-2005, 10:17 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Electric fliers calling nitro and gas fliers "Slimers"

People who fly aeroplanes made out of corplast calling themselves "SPADers". ITS JUST ANOTHER MATERIAL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

ARF guys saying they "built" the plane, instead of assembled it.

Kit builders looking down on ARF flyers

Futaba guys degrading Hitec guys

JR guys degrading all other radio brand flyers

Radios that cost $2400.00

FLAIR GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! [:@]

Crashing a plane on the first flight...by doing something stupid. [:@][:@]

Large scale guys looking down there nose at small plane fliers

Small plane fliers ranting about how much the big plane fliers spend on ONE plane

People who think that if they turn on their radio when someone else is flying on that frequency, it's just an accident and they should have to pay for the plane.

The list could go on...

Old 04-21-2005, 10:55 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: P-51B

The list could go on...
P-51B,
Man, you're on a roll. Don't stop now!! I agree with just about all you've listed so far!! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Binary_01

When I go to the LHS and spend 200$ on a engine and parts and I tell the owner that it's for a spad and he brings me down in front of several customers on how spads are not good and it won't fly and how I made a bad decision and when I'm ready to fly a real plane, to come and see him and he will sell me one...

Let's just say that I won't be returning there for a while...
Old 04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Binary...
Now, go back into that HS. Start picking out the most expensive stuff--flight packs, four stroke engine, the whole works. Let the guy get his pants all wet. Tell him it's for a big spad. When he starts knocking them again, tell him to just keep all his stuff and walk out. If he doesn't knock it this time, ask "aren't you that guy who said I was stupid for building spads" and then walk out. Should be a very vindicating experience for you!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Fastsky

This happens a “lot†lately. Monday to Friday when I am at work. Temperature is in the 70s and the wind is fairly calm. Saturday comes around. High of maybe 50, cloudy, windy, and rain all weekend! Monday comes around and its nice weather again! [>:]
Old 04-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Downtrodden

Sounds like a little "hooky" is in order?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:06 PM
2slow2matter

People who tell you to "do a search" everytime you start a post about something that may have been discussed before. Let's be real, people, just about every topic known to RC has been discussed here on RCU. That line ("do a search") could apply to every new post out there. Probably applies to 99% of the new posts started by people who like to tell you to "do a search"
Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Crashem

People that don't use the Search functions of this Site

Newbies that loudly proclaim their intent to learn by themselves then proceed to bombard these forums with the most basic questions, then armed with this information come back claiming learning to fly was easy.... Well Duh!!! Ten Experienced members did brain dumps for your benefit yet you still claim you learned all by yourself
Old 04-21-2005, 03:48 PM
jessekib

The guy that knows absolutly nothing about flying, then picks up my tower hobbies magazine and says "man why you bought that one (trainer) when this coursair looks alot more bad*****. DUMMY!

Or when the same guy says i would have bought a nitro truck way befor i spent all that money on something that you can't just fly anywhere! DUMMY!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:24 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: GravityTester

my only pet peeve is when someone makes a very fun hobby not fun. by acting like they either know it all or are overly crictical of everyones stuff. every field has one or two. I just want to fly and relax
I'll make a motion and second that!!!!!!!! Amen
Old 04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
IBrakeForNobody

When your CAing stuff and you CA your screwdriver to your carpet floor in the middle of your room and have to put a RC car body in the middle of your floor so you don'y get in trouble when your mom comes in.

When you rev up your engine in front of your mom's cucumber plant and the exauhst kills it and your mom comes to water it [&o]....
Old 04-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Vogan

ORIGINAL: XSDEVOTEE

Now I hate to admit this, but applying a piece of covering in a critical area and forgetting to take off the backing! @#$%^&*(!!!!
Or trying to apply the covering with the adhesive side up while using your wifes iron [:@]
Old 04-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Lightfoot

Explaining in detail to a newcomer what kind of trainer and equipment he should get and he argues that he is a quick study and thinks he would rather have a Mustang. Then there is more detail why he should get a trainer. He comes back and says he thinks he can fly the Mustang. More detail is given in an almost pleading manner to forget the Mustang for awhile and get a trainer. Then he comes back and argues that nobody knows his ability, he has spent 10 hours on a friends flight simulator and has an Aerobird and is sure that he can fly the Mustang. His final post is that he has bought a Mustang and is going to teach himself to fly it.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mister, Whassa matter? Why kan'tcha get yer toy airplane started?

Jim
Old 04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Swager

After crashing their trainer because of a pilot error due to inexperience, one will state, "Im thinking about getting a CAP232 for a second plane!"

People who ask for advice, but dont heed it!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:28 PM
AStrovannin
My Feedback: (2)

Ok, so I'm at work and there is a setup in the mall from the local flying club. I look at some really well made models built from scratch from his own plans. I'm telling one of the guys at work about the model, and the skill it must have taken to build it, to which he replies "Talk about too much time on you hands, ha ha ha", I just said "yeah, that time could have been way better spent playing Need For Speed Underground, I mean, thats way more productive, and you totaly have somthing to show for it after all the time you spend too"
Old 04-21-2005, 09:54 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just teach me how to fly it up there, I'll learn to takeoff and land. STUDENTS that don't really listen, then wonder why the instructor hasn't taught them any thing. (sounds like some of these threads don't it??) The jerks that sit back and complain about the way someone is teaching, BUT don't expect them to get off their LAZY and spend a little of their time.

Man this isn't a fair thread--- after 25+ years of training people I don't dare put to print all my peeves.

That's OK, just go fly and ENJOY !!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Downtrodden

Don't keep it all inside! Let it out and let others learn from your experience. As far as being "fair"........well, at least it's JUST!
Old 04-22-2005, 09:04 AM
carlosponti

ORIGINAL: Lightfoot

Explaining in detail to a newcomer what kind of trainer and equipment he should get and he argues that he is a quick study and thinks he would rather have a Mustang. Then there is more detail why he should get a trainer. He comes back and says he thinks he can fly the Mustang. More detail is given in an almost pleading manner to forget the Mustang for awhile and get a trainer. Then he comes back and argues that nobody knows his ability, he has spent 10 hours on a friends flight simulator and has an Aerobird and is sure that he can fly the Mustang. His final post is that he has bought a Mustang and is going to teach himself to fly it.
hey atleast he asked first a guy i met one time came out with a world models combat zero wanting us to teach him to fly it.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Woodpile

1) Guys who tell new pilots they don't need a rudder, but can't fly in a crosswind of any strength

2) Guys who insist the way we did it 50 years ago is the best and only way. "We didn't have all this garbage back then"

3) Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

4) Guys who number the lines in thier posts.

5) Guys who hog a radio channel for an hour or two while they set-up their plane at the field, then don't even fly. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Ed
Old 04-22-2005, 10:14 PM
biker_ray_pa

what I hate are "forum pros." Not necessarily hobby pros, but forum pros. I'm a rank newbie and I ask a lot of questions. I get a lot of good answers, good explanations and good advice. But almost very "newbie question" thread you read has one answer from a forum pro, who, no matter what anyone has done, this person has done it first, faster and better, and that it is a stupid question in the first place. This is a bigger problem on the train forums and the Traxxas forums than it is here, but it is a problem everywhere.

You just feel like saying, "OK buddy. Great. Your model was in a magazine, you're an expert flyer, you know everything and I'm an idiot. Fine. Now get out of my thread and stop being such a jerk."

Everyone else is cool though.

Ray out
Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Downtrodden

Being unable to fly because of heavy, wet snow! !@#$%^&v It's almost May! Sheeeeeeeesh!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
IBrakeForNobody

This isn't about RC airplanes...but it is powered by a airplane engine...

When you go to drive Airpede and you look out the window and its sunny...then you go in the garage and fuel her up and fire her up and open the garage and its raining cats and dogs. [:@]

Airpede:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.