Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Four star build

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Four star build

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 01:48 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Four star build

Well..... someone peed in chads wheaties this morning......
Huh? Did I miss something here? What is this latest round of flak for? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Skynyrd Man

It would appear he deleted his post.
ORIGINAL: cwrr5

Well..... someone peed in chads wheaties this morning......
Huh? Did I miss something here? What is this latest round of flak for? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM
bubbagates

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

His post was actually removed by a senior mod.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:58 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Yep the post was deleted......

[:-]
Old 07-04-2005, 02:00 PM
brschmid

i missed it as well.

i read back in the beginning of this thread, that he was asking about aviation colleges. and i thought i would post some of my experiences.
I was just like him at one point in my life.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 PM
cwrr5

Oh, ok then. (you guys are fast ! )

I was just like him at one point in my life
LOL! Me too! still am sometimes.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Well i flew the spad today, it needs some tweaking, but the guys at the field said, since i flew it further than the wrightbrothers with an elevator horn that bent everytime the air hit ti at full speed, that i did good.

I was also given a kit. It was a Capstone Hobbies Doddger, and Man does it look like a fast one. I plan to biuld it after 4*, so i am kicking myself in the but to get this fourstar done.

The generous member of the club asked what size engine i used on the spad, and i told him 40 size, and then he told us to watch his stuff he had to go do something. Came back with a plane and i thought he was going to sell it to me, but he said he'd never biult it and gave it to me. I couldn't say thank you enough. That was extremely nice.

Thanks Gary

Anyways

-Chad
Old 07-04-2005, 07:04 PM
cwrr5

Very cool! Be sure to use the advice you have gotten on this build, along with your experience now, and build it good.

Any luck getting the 4* sorted out? Got a test flight coming up soon?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Pilot Chad

I will use plenty of advice, and take it very slow.

I haven't gotten a hold of a heat gun yet, so i haven't been able to mess with it, but i am trying to get this spad flying and want to master it before i even start to get the 4* ready, but i am kinda pushing myself to get the 4* ready so i can biuld this one, i think i will start the dodger in late july or early august, most likely when school is back in session which is august 8th
Old 07-05-2005, 01:41 AM
ICE_MAN

How did the spad fly?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:22 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, I guess you'll take a lecture from him, then. You won't head any advice, and you wont take anything slow, and you'll end up crashing your four star, and this mans generous gift as well. Sorry to be harsh, but dude, you are out of control. I think you should promptly appologize to brschmid. He was definitely trying to help you out, and trying to relate to your situation--even said he was just like you at one point, and you spit in his face? You wouldn't last ten minutes in my classroom.
later
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Pilot Chad

2slow, Just because i start this kit, doesn't mean i am gonna fly it anytime soon, i highly doubt i will fly this before .

And was a little late on the whole slow down thing.

2slow,

Is your class Language arts? Because judging by the illegible post you posted, you wouldn't survive in your class either. [:-]
Old 07-05-2005, 11:36 PM
brschmid

well chad, maybe perhaps after you crash many airplanes, you will understand why people try to help you out and give you "lectures"

at the rate you are going if you are aspiring to become a real licensed full scale pilot, you will never make it. i guarantee you, and if you do, it will take you 200 hours to get a Private Pilot license when legally it only requires 40 hours.

i had more, but you seem to be an ungrateful kid and not worth my time which i do not have much of.

sorry for trying to help.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Pilot Chad

Ungrateful kid? You don't know me, I am happy for everything i have as a matter of fact, and I am scared to fly my four star for a month or more. Ask ANYONE at my club and they will tell you that i am ready for my fourstar, but it is my choice to fly a spad. If it did take me 200 hours to get my private pilot certifacate, i would be glad as can be just because i got it. If i don't do anything else in life thats what i want to do. In the last few months i have become the biggest aviation nut, and love every minute of it, my pictures on the walls of my room changed from my wakeboarding pictures of guys going 15 feet plus above the water at 25 miles per hour attatched to a rope and formula boats, to pictures of Cessna Skyhawk Cockpits. I am obsessed to say the least about flying and planes. I want to be a pilot so bad, mainly because my grandpa was and i want to become a pilot and get a plane (Mooney bravo) so i can fly my grandma around like the old days and take her to oshkosh like her and my grandpa used to do. If i could drop everything and work to do that i would, but somethings have gotten in the way, but as soon as i turn 16 i am getting a steady job and going to start pilot lessons so i can do this, as for the mooney, it might be a little bit, but i am going to do it sooner or later.

Sorry for getting so into this post, I just needed to show a little bit about me.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:04 AM
rjm1982

Pilot, your fine...

I can't believe how bent people get when you dont repond positively to their canned responses...they say the same thing in every post every time a new person comes onto the board about being safe and slow and have an instructer and blah blah blah blah blah....but then if someone doesnt appreciate their crowning jewel of advice, they get all pissy...

Some people learn fast...

Ive flown my nexstar for 2 flights...sucks cause time at the feild is rare right now because of life issues...everyone sais that the F27 is NOT a begginers plane...when i said i was getting it in the electtrics forum, people got pissy with me because since they couldnt learn to fly on it, NOBODY can...2 months later with the original body and only 1 crash that required repair at all, its a great plane, my confidence is high and I am ready to (next month) return to the feild and get solo'd

My point is, go at your own pace, as fast or as slow as that may be...and take any advice that applies to you, and ignore the advice that doesnt...
Old 07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry about the grammatical errors, Chad--I was trying to get it to your level. I see that you really do appreciate the fine art of proper communication. I really couldn't tell by the other 1760 posts you've made. No, I do not teach Language arts, but you should know that there are two acceptable forms of "grammar" in our language--written, and oral. On message boards, I try to keep with oral standards--since we really are just "conversing" back and forth different ideas. Next time I write a post to you, I'll make sure it's in proper written English format so as not to upset you again. In fact, I think I'm done having spitting matches with little boys over trivial things. I wish you the best in your building, flying, and kicking of airplanes.
Good day.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Pilot Chad

2slow,
I wouldn't mind if you stopped posting in my threads, it really is pretty dumb how theres the big gang flamers. I will not name names.

RJM,
I see things just like you and by the PM's i have gotten more do too who don't wish to be in a fight in this thread.

Lets get back on topic.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:55 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

What was the topic?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

314 posts ago it was how to build a 4*-40 overnight.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Skynyrd Man

nevermind
Old 07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well this one has really run its course and then some so say good night Gracie.