Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

newbie first build...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

newbie first build...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 09:29 PM
dave0101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie first build...

Hi, I'm assembling a Hobbico Superstar60 (ARF). The ARF seems to be a real project for me... I've never been a model builder, and with two young kids, time is scarce...

I assembled the wings together last night, but before the glue set, and after I had went to bed, the wing must have moved slightly. There is a slight ridge on the rear part of the wing. It's slight, but it's certainly not perfectly alighned. I was afraid this would happen, but I held it for around 10 minuts and thought it wouldn't move. In hine-sight I wish I would have set it up better.

Regardless, what should I do now? Will the tolerance of this trainer tolerate this?

Thanks for any comments.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:22 PM
RONSTERMONSTER

You should be able to trim the plane to fly straight . I have a Hobbico Avistar the wing was impossible to line up properly and was out 1/8 of an inch . The plane still flies very nice a little trim to stop the roll but it flies fine . Keep going on your building do the best you can then get your instructor to test fly and trim it will be fine .
Old 09-30-2002, 12:09 AM
TerrellFlyer

won't matter,get that sucker in the air,if this is your first flight you are going to have an instructor,right?
Have a goodun,John.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:49 AM
dave0101

Thanks for the comments, onward through the fog....

I have not located an instructor; I've found a local club, their web site says they don't have instructors, but some members will help out newcomers. Regardless, my plan is to find an instructor one way or another.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2002, 03:06 PM
uonlylivetwice
My Feedback: (2)

dave101,
I lived in Austin awhile, and there is (or was not long ago) a club on the south side off Slaughter Lane. I don't know if that is the club you mentioned, but they are the friendliest group I have met in the hobby, and I have been in several large cities. I don't want to throw out any names, but there are three guys down there that willingly had me call them to meet at the field to fly. Unfortunately my stay there was short, but if you check out that club, I am sure you'll find a good home. I really enjoyed their club meetings, too.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:28 PM
dave0101

uonlylivetwice,
Thanks for that info! I actually live in Pflugerville, which is a bit of a drive from south Austin. Based on what you said, I think I'll look at the specific location of their field, it might be worth the drive if it isn't too much further.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2002, 04:52 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Slaughter Lane? Pflugerville? You guys are putting me on, right?

Oh! Sorry, I just noticed you're in Texas... That explains it
Old 09-30-2002, 05:40 PM
dave0101

LOL,

I guess that does sound rather hick-ish....

No joking though.... I went to a Pflugerville town meeting to discuss zoning of an adjacent development to my subdivision; I was amused that a lady named Mrs. Pfluger was sitting next to me, with her attorney; I suppose making sure the zoning allowed for maximum land value....

Pflugerville is a suburb of Austin... I can't speak to Slaughter lane...