Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

EVERYONE! <-- Samolot has a favor to ask.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

EVERYONE! <-- Samolot has a favor to ask.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:35 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVERYONE! <-- Samolot has a favor to ask.

Dear RCU Members,

Throughout the years of rcuniverse.com, one man has been possibly the greatest help of all to each and every one of us. He was the one that made our hobby more enjoyable and that along with his generosity in the "Pay it forward" program, has led him to be one of the top members of RCU.com. J3FAN, or Richard, his real name, has provided us with his words of wisdom and gave us the much needed help from a hobby veteran like him. But this time, its time for us to help him. I am one of his friends, who has received a gift that no one can replace. An opportunity to get a good start in this hobby, by having received a beautiful trainer. Yup, its the one I keep writing about in my lengthy posts about how my days go at the flying field. But due to the loss of his wife, Richard has been going through some tough times, and I have a favor to ask you. To anyone who has had a reply from J3FAN, or know him in person, or just want to say something nice about him, I ask you to reply to this post with much love and sympathy for our deepest friends Richard.

Please reply, and even if you don’t know him, just say a few nice things.

Thank you all,

Samolot a.k.a Michal

“Smile let the world know what you’re up to!â€

PS: If you would like to send Richard something if you were his closest friends, just contact me, Samolot, [email protected]

I’m really serious about this issue, and whoever sees this forum, I would, once again, ask you to please write something. If you want to keep it personal and don’t want other to see it, just PM J3FAN.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE! IT IS A SURPRISE FOR J3FAN!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Grant-KS

Default RE: EVERYONE! <-- Samolot has a favor to ask.

J3FAN, I really don't know you except that you're a generous and kind man, but allow me to extend my deepest sympathies to you and yours over the loss of your wife. I'll pray for you and your family during this rough time that God would grant you peace. God bless.

-Grant
Old 05-25-2005, 11:33 PM
txaggie08

havent been around long enough to know the people on here very well, but iw ill certainly pray for soeone i have seen in my short time here is a good man. I am sorry for the loss of his wife. i know how hard loss is, and i am sorry for him.

I hope he can find good friends like samolot, and others, to get him through this time of mourning and grief.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 PM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Richard... Our Hearts and prayers go out to you and yours!!
Family and friends will ease some of your pain in this hard
time... Bless you!!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:50 AM
mrbass111

richard, my heart goes out to you. i know how difficult a loss can be. i will say a prayer for you. keep your chin up and your planes even higher.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:05 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richard, I have always been touched by your generosity in your postings here. If life was fair, your wife would still be by your side. I shall be praying for the both of you. She is in God's hands now.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So sorry to hear about your loss Richard. May the healing powers of time pass quickly for you.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:28 AM
CGRetired

As we all approach the age, and for some that age is different, we experience joy or sadness. My mom is 88 and failing. My girlfriend's mother is 86 and failing. I pray for them every day, as I do for all those that are in that situation, both those failing and those that are grieving.

Richard, as all above have offered they concern and sympathy, I also offer that, as well as a prayer that she is with the ones that love her and that you will overcome the grief and continue to live and love.

My best to you.

Dick.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:18 AM
britbrat

Richard, my deepest regrets and regards to you. You are a good and generous person. It is a desperately painfull thing that you are experiencing -- time will make the pain lessen sufficiently that life will become bearable again.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:24 AM
samolot

I am soo happy to see that people care for a person so much. PLease continue to reply to make this post a gift that no one can replace.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:39 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Richard,

Without your generosity on these forums allot of members would be lost. I particularly appreciate what you have done in my Pay it Forward thread. You contributions in there have been overwhelming and I just want it publicly known the good that you have shown everyone here.

I am pretty sure that I speak for everyone when I say that you can consider us all your friend. As was already stated friends and family can help immensely in times like this so here we are my friend, take advantage of it. You have given so much to us that we will have no problem giving right back.

It was mentioned to me that you were thinking of giving up on this fine hobby and I completely understand why you would feel that way. I will be somewhat selfish and say that if you chose to leave the hobby we would all understand but I for one would really like to see you stay.

I am so very sorry to hear about your wife. She is in a better place. I know that words like that can only help to a point but they are sincere, nothing but time will help you to feel the loss a little less. I am sure you will never forget her and you shouldn't. Just remember that she would probably want you to continue on.

My deepest sympathies

Bill James (bubbagates)
Old 05-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Skynyrd Man

Richard, I think Bubba is right. She would want you to carry on. My wife is having a very hard time dealing with my illness. I keep telling her that she needs to celebrate my life and not morn my passing when it happens. To carry on and live the rest of her life to the fullest. That is how I would want it.
I know what you are going through, I lost my father, stepmother and a best friend in less than a year. My prayers are with you and yours in this difficult time, may your healing be quick.

James K. Engebretson
Old 05-26-2005, 03:16 PM
keepiru1

Richard (J3FAN),
We've only had a few interactions here in the PIF room and I wouldn't presume to intrude except to express my condolences and to let you know that, when the silence lifts from your heart, there are those around that will be listening quietly.

Fair winds and following seas,
Richard Franks, FC1(SW) Ret.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:36 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just like to add my condolences to a decent guy at a sad time!!!.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:31 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Richard,

These are to salute you and the loss of your wife. I lost my grandparents to some stupid drunk driver along with my mom's brother, and his wife, all in the same car, all instantly killed. I pretty much know how you feel. The room I am sitting in typing this message was my mom's brother's room (we live it what was my grandparent's home). God bless.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
samolot

I think its my turn to show my respects. Richard, this whole winter has been a complete dram come true. Your absolutely priceless info and and generosity has come a long way. Now im a soloist. I love the feeling, and it was all thanks to you.

It was you whom i received a package from when i came back form florida in 20 hours by car. And when i opened it, i couldnt belevie my eyes.

It was you who surprised me with a glider, being one of the fienst gliders there ever were, and belevie me, its still waiting for its maiden (I contacted a man with a glider in my club)

It was you who "mistakenly" sent me a package with all the tools that i could possibly want.

And finally it was you had to go through the worst pain of all, which was indeed not deserved. I feel horrible for your loss, and i wish you all the best and i hope that when you revive from the loss, you will surely get a visitor from NYC awaiting a nice friendly flight at Scobee field.

I pray for you.

Your soloing friend,

Michal P.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:03 PM
jimprieto

I have never even written a post, but I avidly read this site, and I have learned much from Richard. I know you don't know me at all, but I wish you all the best. I do not deal well with things, but I do, however, feel remarkably free when flying/working on my plane. I hope the very thing that you have helped others get into and enjoy will now serve you as a therapeutic escape.

Here's to your Richard!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:04 PM
forestroke

J3FAN - please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your wife. there are no words of wisdom or compassion i can muster to dull your pain. but know that across the world in Taipei, Taiwan, someone is praying for you. she is God's hand now.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:55 PM
rcdude37

Richard,

I am teribly sorry to hear that you have lost a loved one you just have to keep your head high and think of the good things, like the place she is at right now. I lost two friends in a horific car accident on saturday, age doesn't matter, one was 18 and the other 19, the were here long enough to have fun but never really lived a life, if you know what i mean. but one of them wrote a poem that i feel needs to be shared. he named it Friends.

Some things you need in life,
I pray that you comprehend.
I don't mean a loving wife,
I'm talking about a friend.

Someone there to talk to,
Someone to help you out.
For those times when you feel blue,
For those times you want to shout.

So when you think your life is done,
And things will never work.
Remember that there is someone,
Who can always make you smirk.

Your friends are there against the ropes,
Standing by your side.
To help you with your dreams and hopes,
Going in and out with the tide.

once again i am sorry to hear about your wife, but you'll always have friends!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:54 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Richard,
Please accept my condolences for your loss. You have friends who love you and need you , but right now you need to use them to help you get through this difficult time. May God bless you and help ease your pain right now. you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Good luck
Tommy
Old 05-27-2005, 12:05 PM
samolot

Richard,

I really hope that after this is through, maybe you can take up the hobby. THis is the greatest hobby ever and you are the one who made it all come true.

MIchal
Old 05-28-2005, 06:55 AM
samolot

Please, keep on replying, this is looking really great.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:44 AM
SoonerAce

Richard,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my 15 year old daughter in 03 in an auto accident. I understand the pain and loss. The pain will soften, but never go completely away. The little twinge thats left is love. For nothing will ever erase love. Keep your chin up, let her see you smile as your carrying on. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Richard. I don't know you from Adam and I cannot comprehend the loss of your wife and best friend. My heart is with you. Be brave my friend and try to get busy and back out there. You have friends that need you and people that need your guidence and help. Not everyone can say that. I hope the healing is swift and the pain fades. I cannot express how much I feel for you at this time of emptyness. I hope and wish the best for you and know that good always comes to people like you. Dave
Old 06-14-2005, 04:24 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Most of you have never met Richard, but I have. Probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and a lot of fun at the flying field.

I met Richard just before the death of his wife. I had the opportunity to fly with him and to get to know him. In this respect I am more fortunate than many of you.