Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Sign 3 - Fly Free

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sign 3 - Fly Free

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 02:02 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sign 3 - Fly Free

How many of you have taken advantage of AMA's Sign 3 - Fly Free membership recruiting program?

I signed up 6 new adults and my AMA membership card has 2003 on it. For every three you sign up on AMA's special membership application, you get one year's membership for free.

Take care,
CCR
http://www.kites.org/rc_instructors
Old 01-06-2002, 05:15 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm I wasnt aware of that.

They owe me..
Old 01-06-2002, 12:20 PM
fliers1

Hmmm. It seems that there are quite a few who didn't hear about AMA's attempt at a growth program.

The announcement was on the cover (in BIG letters) of February 2001 issue of Model Aviation. I don't know how so many members missed it. That issue had a white cover stating Sign 3 & Fly Free! with three special applications on the back of the cover. It was also announced several times in proceeding issues, not to mention on AMA's website.

AMA president Dave Brown said that he expected there to be over 200,000 members by 2002. Currently, it is reported that there are 165,000 AMA members. Wonder if we will make it.

Take care,
CCR
Old 01-06-2002, 05:36 PM
rccc

Haven't seen that advertised...

Another AMA well-kept secret?

B~
Old 01-06-2002, 05:57 PM
RC_Junky
My Feedback: (1)

Do you have to sign up 3 new members in one year or however long it takes? I signed up 2 in 2001 but couldn't get a third and thought it was over. What's the deal?
Old 01-06-2002, 10:07 PM
fliers1

Sign 3 & Fly Free Ambassador Program

Rules:

Any active AMA member is eligible to receive a free one year AMA membership. Each active AMA member will receive a one year AMA membership credit for each three (3) new or former AMA members who join. (Yes, you can earn more than one free year) All new or former memberships must be full Open or Senior Citiizen memberships to qualify. New sign-ups cannot be current or recent AMA members. (Their membership must have expired by 12/31/95. Sponsoring member's name and AMA number must be clearly identified on each new member's application. IMPORTANT: use applications on the back cover.) current AMA "Life" members will receive an AMA merchandise credit of equal value to a 1 year free membership.

Benefits: Your free membership credit will be applied to the next AMA membership year.

Take care,
CCR
Old 01-20-2002, 03:21 AM
boyd63
My Feedback: (1)

Default FLY FREE !

Did you also know that if you become a AMA Contest Director (it's an open book test) and put on a club event, that the Contest Director's insurance fee is waived for the next year? Not as easy as signing three, but still a savings.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:18 AM
Ptarmigan

That sounds like a nice thing to do for AMA.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:16 PM
fliers1

In March 2002 Model Aviation, AMA Excecutive Director, Joyce Hager says that AMA's Ambassador Program has initiated only 245 new members for 2001. In 2002, the program already has initiated 849 new members.

Imagine if most, if not all of AMA's eligible 175,000 members signed up 3 members apiece. That would mean we would have a safety in numbers factor in the neighborhood of 525,000 members now. Of course that might present some temporary overcrowding problems on many flight lines, but in the end it would be good for the hobby in general.

Although becoming a CD is another way to get free membership, but the Sign 3 & Fly Free Ambassador Program has a lot more potential of drastically increasing our numbers.

Take care,
CCR
AMA# 120734