Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Replacing clamp style motor mounts

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Replacing clamp style motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Montega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing clamp style motor mounts

Hi,
I've got a Tower Trainer ARF I'm building, and I noticed it comes with the kind of motor mount that uses four screws and two plates to clamp the engine down. I've had some past esperience with those mounts and I don't really care for them. I'd much rather use a Glass-filled motor mount that I can bolt the engine onto. The only problem is that the front landing gear shaft goes up through two holes in the motor mount that came with the plane, right by the firewall. The Great Planes motor mount I got does have two holes, but they sit farther out from the firewall than the stock one does, and the holes don't line up with the rod. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I really don't want to have to use the mount that came with the plane. Thanks.

-Patrick
Old 07-09-2005, 06:29 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Replacing clamp style motor mounts

You can drill holes in the original mount to mount the engine with, or move the nosewheel pushrod so it lines up with the GP mount.