Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Just bought a triton charger

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Just bought a triton charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just bought a triton charger

ORIGINAL: John Murdoch

Now that the people who know are all here, I need some help in trying to figure out my Triton.

Let's say I have a 5 cell, 6V, 2700 mah NiMh battery that I want to cycle, let's say, four times. The I'd want to review the cycle info for each cycle.. Can anyone give me the STEP BY STEP setup instructions to do that?

I've had people try to help before but things that were said, didn't come up and things that they said would appear, didn't.
Since I have far more than 10 batteries and the memory only holds 10, I don't frequently use the battery memories. For that reason, I'll walk you through it manually(it's easier anyway). If you do wish to use memories, refer to section 4 on page 8 for instructions on configuration. I highly suggest you labe your batteries with the proper memory slot if you use the memory feature.

First, press the Menu button to access the setup menu.
Rotate the dial until the display shows "number of cycles".
Press the dial, the displayed value will flash, rotate the dial until "4" displays, then press the dial again.
Now rotate the dial until "delay between charge/discharge displays", and follow the same steps(press dial, rotate to select, press dial again to confirm) to select a time delay you like(I use 10 minutes).
Now, press the Menu button to access the main menu.
Press the Batt Type button until you get into the nimh menu, then rotate the dial until the display shows "nimh chg/dschg" or "nimh dschg/chg" depending on whether you start with a charged or drained battery.
Once you've selected the proper cycle, press the dial. The charge(or discharge, depending on which order you picked) current will flash. Rotate the dial to select the proper current(for this example, we'll use a 1C charge and discharge, so 2.7 amps), press the button, and the discharge current(or charge, again depending on your selection) will flash; select 2.7 amps again.
Now press and hold the dial until "battery check" is displayed. Now the cycle will start.

The Triton holds data for the last 10 cycles. To access this during charge/discharge, press the batt type button. If you wish to check the individual cycle capacity data(I assume this is what you wanted to recall), rotate the dial until "chg/dschg(01)" is displayed. Press the dial until the (01) flashes, then rotate the dial and press again to select the cycle you wish to see.

Does that help, John?

I think Great Planes should start paying me for tech. support services.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 08-09-2005, 09:21 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt.. Forget Great Planes, where do "I" send the check? Your instructions are clear and understandable. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to do so today. Thanks for taking the time to help a Triton - Challanged pilot. I think I'm like a lot of other Triton owners. We read about the dangers of doing it the wrong way that we're skeptical about pressing that final "charge" button. I picture myself at my insurance agent's office trying to explain why/how my house needs to be rebuilt becuase of the "Triton" induced fire. Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:28 AM
BuzzBomber

ORIGINAL: John Murdoch

Matt.. Forget Great Planes, where do "I" send the check? Your instructions are clear and understandable. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to do so today. Thanks for taking the time to help a Triton - Challanged pilot. I think I'm like a lot of other Triton owners. We read about the dangers of doing it the wrong way that we're skeptical about pressing that final "charge" button. I picture myself at my insurance agent's office trying to explain why/how my house needs to be rebuilt becuase of the "Triton" induced fire. Thanks again.

Hey, at least I'm good for something.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:31 AM
BuzzBomber

One thing I forgot. If you want to check the cycle data after you're done charging/cycling, you have to press the batt type and menu buttons at the same time to access the data view menu; it's the same steps from there on out.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:36 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Oh sure Matt.. Give me that "oh yeah, one other thing" kind of response. Should I just make an appointment with my insurance agent now? LOL
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
moRotorMotor

Great Planes should hire Matt Smith to write up an instruction manual for the Triton charger instead.
Lol.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:21 AM
c130nut

Thanks for the help BuzzBomber, I think that will help. I think it is the peak delay at start function, but I am going to experiment with the others as well.
Thanks
Bill R.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Parky50

I'm trying to talk myself into buying this charger...
Thanks for all the great information !!!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Murdoch,

You comming to the Gathering in Camarillo this year? Bring yer dang charger and we'll get it all set.

I've seen you fly man, you are officially banned from beginners forums worldwide.

Gimme a PM at the cirkus, Chase/Phat
Old 03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: 2slow2matter

Anyone else have one? Not really asking any technical questions, I'd like to keep this out of the battery forum if possible. Just curious if I have anything to be excited about...

UMMMMMMM yeah I am jealous. Can I have it?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:13 PM
bruce88123

Anyone notice this thread was 1.5 years old when it got dug back up? Don't expect a lot of current responses or followers.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

oops
Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

Anyone notice this thread was 1.5 years old when it got dug back up? Don't expect a lot of current responses or followers.
yeah i seen that. i was wondering why it popped up here but I still want it. lol
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Parky50

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

oops... My bad !!!

Sorry, I didn't even notice the date
Old 03-08-2007, 10:47 PM
bruce88123

It can still be a good topic. Just don't expect some of them to answer.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM
ABELL

I'm glad some one dug it up. I just bought a Triton 2 Saturday and was having the same trouble understanding the manual myself when "poof" here is a great thread on the thing that has been very heplful
Old 03-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Parky50

ORIGINAL: ABELL

I'm glad some one dug it up. I just bought a Triton 2 Saturday and was having the same trouble understanding the manual myself when "poof" here is a great thread on the thing that has been very heplful

Good deal ABELL, please let us know how ya like it after a few tries !!!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 PM
ABELL

I have an old 500mah nimh battery cycling 3 times now. Kind of an experimental test run. I do have a question how long of a peak delay would you use on a 4.8v 2500 mah nimah pack?