Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

I was an idiot,you do not need to tell me that.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I was an idiot,you do not need to tell me that.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 08:57 AM
BDAD Flyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was an idiot,you do not need to tell me that.

I took out the link, because this post did not go the way I thought it would, but you can call us whatever you want, just learn from other mistakes.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
Be safe, thats all i will say!!!!!

Altough, nothing happened and everyone is safe, I hope people will learn from me. My hands were shaking as well as my brothers who was rolling the camera...

We did not want the publicity or anyrthing, but wated for people to learn from my mistakes.

Yes it was stupid and yes i was an idiot, so do not try this like I did.
I do not care what you call me.

My brother was laying over the edge of a cliff holding the camera in his hand and if the plane was gonna go that far, it would fly over him. Still it was stupid.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Kaos Rulz

Default RE: Boy, that was dumb!!! Video

Youwho-who-who-who Youwho-who-who-who (set to the music of that Vonage commercial)
Old 07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
gboulton

So this is pretty much:

'Hey, I did this obviously unsafe and stupid thing. Everyone look at my video to see how cool I am. I'll say something about safety, so I look like I'm less of an idiot'

Or am i missing something?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
cawthraj

Hmm.. Not the safest way of filming that. However, neat angle, etc. I think I would of rather setup a tripod, and with some pre planning filmed it and only put at risk the airplane, camera, an tripod..
Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: gboulton

So this is pretty much:

'Hey, I did this obviously unsafe and stupid thing. Everyone look at my video to see how cool I am. I'll say something about safety, so I look like I'm less of an idiot'

Or am i missing something?
Nope, that pretty much sums it up. Staged stupidity is even worse than accidental stupidity.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:28 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well beyond mere stupid. [:'(] Asinine, rectal and suicidal. My apologies to the moderators.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:22 PM
tsands
My Feedback: (3)

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! nuff said
Old 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Mr. Canadian

OMG why don't you just throw a knife at him it's pretty much the same thing. Who in the name of god would want to take off at somebody and the fact that your fingers were shaking is even worst I hope you never come to canada and that AMA should look at this
Old 07-26-2005, 05:08 PM
piper_chuck

Someday we'll see these boys getting nominated for a Darwin award.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Digger44
My Feedback: (4)

Obviously, you don't think to highly of your BROTHER.[:@][:@]
Old 07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
shakes268

It's comforting to know that people who don't have the brain capacity to think are enjoying this hobby just as much as I am.

On a non-sarcastic note, at least these types of people weed themselves out of the gene pool.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:45 PM
thundervee

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

Someday we'll see these boys getting nominated for a Darwin award.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
rjm1982

How's about everyone kills the "holier than thou" attitude....

What or what not to do with someones plane is up to them, not you. Its not your place to complain or cry or whine when you see something you dont like. Dont do it if you dont like it, but otherwise, can it.

We can't make it a week on this forum without the safety police getting their panties in a bunch...not your property, not your club, not your plane, not your head, not your business
Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 PM
tsands

Its not holier than thou its simply calling morons, well... morons. People in this hobby have a responsibility to be safe. These MACHINES are NOT toys. They give many of of much enjoyment but one needs to be safe. Many in society already believe they are unsafe and we as modelers dont need dumba**es like this ruining things for all of us. Imagine the headline in the local paper and on the 6 oclock news. "Man kills brother with "toy airplane"! Are model airplanes really a safe "hobby"? More at 10." We just need to be respectful of these machines, and that was just plain RIDICULOUS. BTW it is our hobby and we'd like people to think we are safe while enjoying our hobby. Wouldn't you?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
MikeEast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Although I would not do it and its obviously dangerous, I think it is a neat camera angle.

I have absolutely no doubt that everyone here judging these guys has done something careless in their life in the name of fun. I could give you a million reasons why although their video was somewhat dangerous, it is no more dangerous than drag racing, driving a car, flying a real aerobatic airplane, bungee jumping, base jumping, sword swallowing, tattooing, cliff jumping, driving drunk, road rage driving, going offshore fishing in a boat with 1 engine or no compass, sitting in a boat with lightning within forty miles, working with live electricity,,,,,,, need I go on?????...

Dangerous YES, Wise, probably not...

But calling someone stupid/moron or whatever who is only endangering themself???,,,,, he who is without sin cast the 1st stone...
Old 07-26-2005, 09:39 PM
txaggie08

ORIGINAL: rjm1982

What or what not to do with someones plane is up to them, not you. Its not your place to complain or cry or whine when you see something you dont like. Dont do it if you dont like it, but otherwise, can it.

We can't make it a week on this forum without the safety police getting their panties in a bunch...not your property, not your club, not your plane, not your head, not your business
\

IT IS our buisness when they put it up on the web just to goad us into a response......you get what you ask for
Old 07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
piper_chuck

They chose to display their "stunt" in a public forum, the beginners forum no less. If they don't want comments, don't put it on public display. Since they did choose to put it in a public forum, they deserve all the negative comments they are getting.

As for your do whatever you like attitude, I completely disagree. Any injury exposes us all to unwanted regulation. There's enough risk of accidental injury. We don't need fools like this creating more risk. We also don't need such fools publicizing it in a beginner's forum.

And finally, unless you've become a moderator, don't tell me what I can and cannot write. If I see something I consider unsafe, I am going to voice my opinion. Your ad hominem attacks on those who preach safety don't make you right. This is a beginner's forum. Many of us want to ensure that SAFETY is at the priority list so we can all keep enjoying our hobby.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: BigNed

Although I would not do it and its obviously dangerous, I think it is a neat camera angle.
Yes, and anyone with a little common sense would have just mounted the camcorder on a tripod so it could film unattended.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Lowlevlflyer

Yeah, that's the perfect solution there, bud... just let everything ride and go by without anyone ever saying a word... AND THEN... you just see how long it takes one of these IDIOTS to turn one of their idiotic stunts into an incident where someone is hurt, or killed. When that happens, and a bunch of rules and regs are imposed on this hobby, I want you to be sure and remember not to *****, whine, or moan about it, because after all, it was YOU who said that it's nobody's business, and nobody's place to say anything bad or derogatory towards the assinine fools who caused it to happen by trying some dumb stunt like the one that is portrayed on this video. We'll see how your attitude changes when something like that happens, and believe me, it will if this stupid stuff goes unchecked long enough.

Oh, by the way, anytime you, me, or anyone else post's something on a PUBLIC FORUM, that MAKES it someone's business!

Old 07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Pilot Chad

Please resist the urge to curse, FLAME, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)
Old 07-27-2005, 05:56 AM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

I'd say you guys got trolled...they're just looking to get people to visit their website
Old 07-27-2005, 05:57 AM
KG4EHL

The pilot must have known he was wrong for doing it....... He looks behind him self and seems to stay in a crouched position for an awful long time. He seems to be hiding. People should not always be saved from them selves let them do it again....... Natural selection will handle it for them in the end.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
BDAD Flyer

My brother was laying down behind the edge of a cliff holding the camera in his hand and if the plane was gonna go that far, it would fly over him. Still it was stupid.

Your comments do not bother me at all, and i agree with all you said and thats nothing new to me. Just do not do it yourself, thats all i am trying to tell you all...

I took out the link, because this post did not go the way I thought it would, but you can call us whatever you want, just learn from other mistakes.

Be safe, thats all i will say!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Pilot Chad

Default RE: I was an idiot,you do not need to tell me that.

VSutgo,
sounds like something i would do. That's why i didn't say a thing. But i would only od it once.. Reminds me of the time my friend and i put rocket engines in foam planes.. It was awsome..
Old 07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I was an idiot,you do not need to tell me that.

ORIGINAL: Pilot Chad

VSutgo,
sounds like something i would do. That's why i didn't say a thing. But i would only od it once.. Reminds me of the time my friend and i put rocket engines in foam planes.. It was awsome..
If I remember correctly, you did say something but since I do not see it now it must have been removed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.