Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Getting Ready To Get Into RC Planes

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Getting Ready To Get Into RC Planes

Old 07-30-2005, 08:12 AM
MannyEdge
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting Ready To Get Into RC Planes

I will give my $.02 worth. I started this hobby at the beginning of this year. I also have the futaba 6 channel radio and I like it a lot. The plane that I would start with is the avistar made by Hobbico. It is a great trainer and a nice second plane, too. The next plane I got was the Goldberg Tiger II. I have been flying it for weeks now and all I have to say what a great plane. I love flying it!!! I power both planes with OS 46 AX. I would go with OS because it is very dependable would not use anything else. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but worth every penny.

I like arf's because I really do not have time to build kits. I would build an arf now and build a kit in the winter months when you have plenty of time to spend on it.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:25 PM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Stick with your first decision of the LT040 and OS 46 AX. It will be possibly the best combination of plane and engine. A radio with exponential will be really nice for training and also get you though a few other planes. Once you are confident then get a radio capable to fly the planes you have an interest in.

There is a really big fly in coming up in Bealeton Va not too far from you the second weekend of September. If you get the chance try to visit (Saturday is the best day) to see many types of planes.

Good luck!

EXCAP232
Old 08-03-2005, 09:14 PM
mrmack3772

I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my question. Thank you. Your advice is greatly appreciated.