Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Avistarpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

hey ya'll...Im the guy who crashed my plane into a tree LOL (whoops) and posted on here about how to cover and whatnot...anywho just thought i would say its coming along nicely. I got the fuse and one of the wing fixed. Fixing my plane really makes me want to buy a kit and build a plane from scratch! I love seeing the progress that is being made. I'm just exited to get it done and just thought i would share with the group. Goin to the hobby shop this weekend to get covering and hoping to get it up in the air by next weekend! weather permtting.

Thanks for all the help guys

-Dustin
Old 10-06-2005, 08:09 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Update

While you're at the Hobby shop. see whatr intermediate kits they have. Let us know what they have, and maybe we can make a recommendation
Old 10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
sbd-5
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

northeast aerodynamics makes a line of kits from trainers to twins that are easy to build and all fly excellent..sig also as well as some of the great planes line.house of balsa are good kits also.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Avistarpilot

We'll do...headin to hobby haven tomorrow so ill let ya know...and ill keep the ones mentioned in mind.

-Dustin
Old 10-07-2005, 04:17 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Midwest also makes the AeroStar in either KIT or arf and the instructions are some of the best on the market. midwestproducts.com for the kits -- falcon-trading for the ARF's. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 10-07-2005, 06:25 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

I have not been to hobby haven for sometime now but the owner (rick) is a great guy and will help you if you ask. where do you fly??
maybe my friend and i could drive down and we could all fly together sometime.
paul
Old 10-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Avistarpilot

Just got back from the hobby shop. To be honest they didnt seem to really have too many "intermediats" that caught my eye. They did have the sig 4 star 60...buts its an ARF and i want to try my hand in a kit. Other than that they had a lot of 1/4 scale planes. But i got what i needed. Goin with a red fuse with yellow accents... and i got some checkerd flag covering that im gunna put on the bottom of the wings...hope it comes out ok. Some of the guys at the shop gave me some advice. The most important one was to be patient! LOL which makes sense

Thanks for everyone on here that has helped with my covering questions...I'll let ya know how it turns out, and post pics if i can figure out how

-Dustin
Old 10-07-2005, 09:22 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sig makes all there 4* series in kits also

Check out Towers Web site. Also there are tons of builds on RCU for them but a really good one exist here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3070885

And the 4* 60 link

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFG16&P=ML

or here

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0002p?&M=SIG