Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Alpha 60 conversion to 4 Stroke

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Alpha 60 conversion to 4 Stroke

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Extractor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha 60 conversion to 4 Stroke

`Can anyone tell me if the older OS FS 70S 4 stroke engine will mount in the Alpha 60 trainer. I have no reason to change out the evolution engine now but I would like to change over to the 4 stroke sometime in the future. 'Also it would be helpful if someone could explain to me how they check their CG ....I understand the physics of doing so ...just wondered if you just pick the plane up in the area of the CG and adjust if necessary or how is this done. Thanks for the help ..

Steve
Old 11-23-2005, 12:21 AM
grandad1
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alpha 60 conversion to 4 Stroke

CG test--you basically have it right. Pick it up with your figertips at the recommended CG, and start moving around weight until it balances level. Usually the battery is a good thing to move in order to try and balance a plane.

There is no reason at all that the 70 FS will not mount on the alpha. However, you might have to get a new mount, or re-drill the one you have. There is a good chance that the bolt pattern isn't quite the same. I'd suggest just buying a new one. Every hole in the mout will make it weaker.

Also, know that the plane will not fly near as fast with the .70 FS. The .70 FS is near the bottom of the recommended engine for this sized plane... But it will fly it!