Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

So... What did Santa leave under your tree?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

So... What did Santa leave under your tree?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
ibflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So... What did Santa leave under your tree?

I got a sweater too
Old 12-26-2005, 04:23 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

ONe person asked what part of poland i am visiting. ITs my hometown Szczecin. BEautiful place and alot of people who are interested in RC.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Blue_Moon_

i did not got any model stuff at all... [][]
Old 12-26-2005, 06:45 PM
carrellh

I got some props, covering iron socks, wrenches, candy and cookies.

My brother scanned some old photos and took some that were emailed by relatives and made photo albums. I like this, and the time we spent together, even better than my new toys.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:02 PM
thejetgod
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I made out like a bandit! Santa brought me:

An [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_guide/engineprofile.cfm?engine_id=254]Irvine .53[/link].

An [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_guide/engineprofile.cfm?engine_id=256]Irvine .72[/link].

A [link=http://www.espritmodel.com/good_deals_airplanes.html]Lark X ARF[/link].

A JR Airpac on my preferred channel.

AND...a new table to build on. No more working off of a door on sawhorses!

Thanks to my lovely wife for telling him that I was a good boy!

I can't wait to start playing with all of my new toys!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:08 PM
SoonerAce

I was truly blessed this year in the Building dept:

Craftsman 5 Gal Air Compressor
Ryobi Belt/Disc Sander
Machinist Vise
Exacto kit 35pc
Gift Cert to LHS

Then in the Field Gear dept:

Field Box from Hell Starter(Stanley Box)
Emergency power pod (12vdc rechargable)
Paint Brush set with leatherette case
Gift Cert to LHS

Then most importantly in the Parenting dept:

My wife and I recieved from my son a most interesting, but long awaited xmas and early anniversery gift:

A 7 week old British Bulldog puppy, who will be named Winston(after Mister Churchill)!!! arriving Jan 10th

Kids these days, ya never know if they will always listen, but they are always listening.
His stepmom and I are very proud of him, as he continues in many ways to surprise us.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:33 PM
LamarJ

Hi Ken,

OK..Santa left me a brand new U-Can-Do 3D .60 by Great Planes complete with a Supertigre .75, Futaba 7CAP/7CHP radio and a couple extra servos. Also he left me a CG machine, Prop Balancer, Throw meter and a didgital tach.

Santa was really good this year!!

This will be my first large and more advanced plane........3rd in the total collection.

I am gonna go slow and get it right.

Thanks everybody....Happy New Year!!

Lamar
Old 12-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Spaceclam

money
just money
but money none the less
and "santa" waived my remaining debt on a recently purchased mini mill
Old 12-27-2005, 03:26 AM
drunkenbushman

Santa left me nothing to do with my planes but he did leave me narsil, Aragorn, son of Arathorn's sword. a screwdriver set new wallet boxers pj's Lord of the rings trivial pursuit a book on fighter plans of the world and other little stuff.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
tychoc

Got just what I wished for...

- GP Ultimate biplane kit
- Saito 82 to go with the above.

Now, I just need to find some time for building. This time of the year about 8 hours/week goes to preparing for the annual Freescale(Motorola) marathon in february. I'm a little tired on weekends after having done a 18 mile run[X(]

Hope to have the plane ready in April/May.

-tychoc
Old 12-27-2005, 01:33 PM
burgh_guy61
My Feedback: (11)

I did make out very well on the list for Santa here too
Got the 74" wing tote for the old Ohio r/c extra i am about ready to cover
Spring air retracts for the SU-27 flanker kit ready to hit the board
now just get back to the basment
Old 12-27-2005, 09:27 PM
glueboy

ORIGINAL: samolot

ONe person asked what part of poland i am visiting. ITs my hometown Szczecin. BEautiful place and alot of people who are interested in RC.

I was in Warsaw and Krakow last January.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:46 AM
abraxas

Santa was nice to me this year:

- 4 new chandeliers for the new house (parents can be so nice)
- 2 new table lamps
- A collector's edition of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- a bobbing head Elvis (way cool)
- a bottle of 1998 Barolo
- and a Thunder Tiger Trainer (which no-one on this site has ever seen ... hmmm ...)
Old 12-28-2005, 07:39 PM
PipeMajor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got (like last year) nothing modeling related but did get one of the coolest gifts ever. My old man passed away in the spring of '01. We live 1700 miles away and we've only had a few opportunities to visit. My mom put together a scrapbook of old family photos dating a couple of generations back.

Most interesting was my dad's WWII service records where he served with the 513th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 17th ABN Division. This unit got it's baptism of fire in the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge and his unit took some pretty heavy casualties. He never really spoke much of his war years. A couple of his high school buddies were USAAF in bombers and both spent time in POW camps. I also learned he, his brother and single mom (his old man, a WWI-II USCG veteran ran out on them when he was a small child), lived in the county jail for a while during the Depression - there was simply no other place for them to live.

Dad was also a pretty talented cartoonist and had many drawings of his life's escapades. We baby boomers will hopefully never know how tough it was to grow up during the depression and partake in the history's bloodiest war. We're used to having 2 or even 3 cars, televisions in half the rooms in the house and central air conditioning. Life wasn't always as bountiful as we know it today.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:09 PM
The Raven

I was lucky. Santa surprised me with the Sportsman Aviation P-40, which I intend to repaint in Australian colours.

I thought I had lucked out when the last one disappeared from the local hobby shops. Luckily, it was Santa who bought it for me.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Well, I believe the parents will be purchasing a LT-25 for me sometime before january ends. But i got the following for christmas
-Ipod Nano
- Stereo for my room
- Money (I am putting it away in a savings account though it is tempting to buy a plane)

I also got a nice plastic box that will make a great transmitter box when i line it with some foam.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Chevalier

1. Sessions 1 and 2 of the Chappelle Show. I watched them all over Christmas weekend and lost and estimated 5 IQ points. ( Test results pending)

2. A gifts certficate to the local hobby store. I ordered a Hog Bipe on monday, building it should be fun. I just hope I can still read and follow the directions.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:30 AM
skymortar

as for fathers,i am a veteran of the 82d airborne and i have never seen a glow in my old mans eyes tha the day they let him pin my wings on me after my 5th jump.very special.i got him the 1947 yearbook of the 78th division in ww2,his father listed in purple hearts.as for the rest of my loot.blade cp chopper,mds .58 for my piper cub,tiger woods 2006,call of duty,airborne t shirts and of course long johns and socks.but my best gift was seeing my father enjoy the gift i bought him.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
WYDAH

Happy Holidays!

Santa left me a nice new Futaba 9CAP to replace my trusty 6XAS, and it even has my frequency module! Now if only I could figure out which switch turns this thing on! Actually it seems a bit more intuitive as far as programming it goes. The menus seem more accessible and basic setup is a breeze. Playing with all the various mixes may be a bit of a challenge.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94162.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	377359  
Old 12-29-2005, 01:34 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

I for got to mention, since i thought this was a "RC only" xmas list. I also got Family Guy Volume 3 and a gift certificate to iTunes. Way cool.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll add to what I first posted as my family was unable to get together this year but we have all sent our gifts via the 3 major shipping companies

I have ended up with the following

The whole collection of CD's for TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchaestra If you have never heard them, you have to give it a listen, very cool the way it's done)

4 $100 gift certs to my LHS

Plus what I posted earlier

On the father thing mine is still around tough not doing well, so I spend all the time I can with him

Old 12-29-2005, 11:42 PM
jbracing

I got the Saturday Night Live 25th Anniversary DVD??????? WHAT THE F^% >??????????

I guess it was in the check-out lane with the other 1$ impulse items.

The Canon Power Shot I got the wife sits on the table un-opened.

Do you think Retrouvaille is worth it?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 AM
BigWes

Hmmm. This is a good thread. I wish I had a dad as good as you guys had. I know that I don't. I am 34 years old now and I am a vet as well. Hopefully my son will remember me as many of you have remembered you fathers. I spent 8 years in the USAF as a crew chief and I work now as an OH-58/TH-67 Flight Mechanic at Ft. Rucker. I first met my father when I was 17 years old. Not long before I joined the USAF. I never knew him and I guess I really still don't. He got remarried to my mother after I left for basic training. Anyway, they both drive a truck now and I think they are on meth half of the time. I have met a half brother I didn't know I had and I think a lot of him. He is good people. I think my dad will always be kinda sorry and my mother surely will. I grew up living with my grandparents. They were abusive but somehow I love them anyway. I don't know why. My grandfather died almost 3 years ago and I have never been too his grave after the funeral. My grandmother is still alive and seems to be doing well. I am not the best dad in the world for sure but my son does call me dad. I call my dad by his first name, Jerry. I call my mother Suzy. Her name is LInda Sue. Anyway I envy those folks who have had good parents. I emplore you to love and show respect for them. Especially the veteran fathers. I am a veteran and the things I have done I did for my country, not for myself. Some things I have done...anyway...I'll leave it at that. Veterans have often done things for others not thinking for themselves. Many things I have done was for the better good of those after me such as my son and those who will be here when I am not. Don't hold things against them that you think they may have done wrong. Sometimes things just look bad from a different perspective. We all try to do the right thing in our own eyes and in the eyes of our country. God Bless Our USA!

As far as Santa goes...I got an 1858 black powder pistol which is way cool in my book! A new computer chair, a couple of pairs of new jeans, and a subscription to model airplane news from my son I hope the magazine comes through as I understand it has been sold out to a new owner.

Anyway, don't get me wrong as I have had more than my fair share of misfortune I have also done a lot of stuff and seen things that many folks will never get to experience. I trust God to look out for me and even though lots of bad things come my way it seems to make the few good things seem really great to me.

Thank you and I wish all of you a Happy New Year!!!

Happy Holidays is a Humbug but Merry Christmas is indeed the way to go cause if it wasn't for him there would be no Christmas!!!

Later,

Wes