Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hi-Tech Laser 4

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hi-Tech Laser 4

Old 11-27-2002, 11:47 PM
kennedy_simon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Tech Laser 4

This is my first post at RC-Universe. I went to the model shop and they recommend the Hi-Tech Laser 4. Is this a good radio or should I go with a Futaba or even something else. Also does anyone know anything about Vmar. I am thinking about the Discovery Trainer. I think Richmond RC in Canada distributes them. I have heard reports of flimsy ribs, stick on covering and warped wings.

Simon Kennedy
Old 11-28-2002, 01:30 AM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Default Radio Choice

Nothing wrong with the Hitec radios. I flew them for years with very good results. Changed only when the need arose from competitive use and chose JR. I still use the Hitec servos and receivers in the smaller planes with the JR transmitter. Futaba is also good. Find what others use locally for "buddy box" use.

EXCAP232
Old 11-30-2002, 04:41 AM
Mickeyb

Default Hi-Tech Laser 4

I am learning to fly with a Discovery. It went together easily, no problems with any parts. The covering sags a bit and wrinkles in the heat but overall I am happy with it.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Tinknocker

Default Hi-Tech Laser 4

If you get the Laser 4 radio make sure the trainer cord is Hitec. We ran into problems at our field when a Futaba trainer cord was used on these radios. The Laser 4 shorted out and started smoking.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:26 PM
jettstarblue

Default My 2 cents

I was deciding between another Futaba, and the Hitec, The Hitec was a little less expensive, but the V-tail and Elevon mixing in the Hitec decided it for me.
That is all, Carry on.

Jetts