Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

alpha 40 arf

Old 05-15-2006, 11:41 AM
clayton_crowder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default alpha 40 arf

well im festen to bring my old alpha 40 back to life.i first bought the rtf alpha in which i thought i could fly 1 year ago.got the arf in today and going to start putting it together using the old eng and electronics from the wrecked one.any suggestions r tips would be much thanks.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Missileman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: alpha 40 arf

The only suggestion I can make is to test all your old electronics before putting them in the new plane, better to fimd any problems now so you won't have to dig anything out later.
Good luck with your new Alpha
Old 05-15-2006, 04:42 PM
tonystro
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In addition to missleman's very wise suggestions... you would do well to carefully expoxy the wing halves together (per the optional instructions) rather than using any tape to hold them together. Some people (a few) have reported difficulties, but most posts are quite positive. Hopefully you got enough flying time on your old RTF so that you can look forward to the fun you will have!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
gjeffers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hit the inside of that firewall with a little epoxy, both of mine had lack of glue
Old 05-15-2006, 10:29 PM
clayton_crowder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks guys.well i ran into a problem.i forgot that i used the small fuel line going to carb.thinking bout cutting a peice from my fueling station hose to fix that problem.and next is i forgot i used the small peice off of muffular where fuel line connects to.is it possible i need not to hook that hose up to muffluar?i was really wanting to fly her in morning.all i got left to do is put in electroncs and ballace her out.any help will be much thanks./
Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
MadScientist

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The hose that the klunk in your tank is hooked up to goes to the carb- the other hose goes onto the muffler. This hose is to supply pressure inside the tank in order to force fuel through the plumbing into the carb. Do a search on fuel tank installation in RCU as there are very good examples and instructions on setting up your tank.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:31 PM
TheBrickLayer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just go down to the local hobby store and buy 2 feet of fuel tubing for a dollar and then you can cut them to fit. You do need that pressure tube from the muffler to the tank.