Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

field box plans?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:54 AM
thumper31725

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: field box plans?

I went for the cheaper one by Stanley it was only 19.95 at Wally world have set it up with a 12 volt system with power panel on one side fuel tank inside with 1 gal capacity, electric fuel pump with lines to fuel, hook up for charging without removing batteries (also for starter, or field charger), and still have plenty of room for all the rest of my junk, and as for starting i have a carry box for the starter and glow plug starter but what i like is the fact that i can have the power panel high enough when i have my plane on the stands at the field that is well worth the space needed when i transport it all actually its stand isnt much bigger than a regular flight box and who uses the plane holder on the flight box anyway i don't
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17042.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1516341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11489.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1516342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76273.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1516343  
Old 10-14-2010, 01:16 AM
thumper31725

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if you drink coffee or know someone that does just solder 2 together like in this pic should fit inside am building another light box like mine for a friend this will be one of his tanks he will have 2 that fit perfect inside can give that a try im using the smaller cans just mount your lines then put them together

Name:	Fd90874.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1516351  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Clay Walters

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thumper,

I have the exact same box as you. (actually, I have two of them ) The only thing I don't like about it is the tendency to tip and am considering a door stop arrangement to address it. The wheel well interferes with mounting the short door stops I've seen and I may have to fabricate an extension of some sort to get there.

Anyone else arrive at a fix?

Regards,

Clay
Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
thumper31725

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i have had the same problem but when i put the batteries in they fit perfect in the bottom actually locking them in place and cured the tipping problem i just cut a plywood board to cover them wired them up and don't have to mess with them anymore they stay inside even while charging the batteries i used are 2 (ub12120) jell cell batteries a little more expensive but will last me all day with my electrics charging and anything i throw at it and on the flight line all i take is my starter and my glow plug driver so loosing the space in the bottom doesn't hurt and that gives me more space above i did wire the box up to be able to run all my stuff off of like starter and charger just by plugging in where i charge it

Name:	Fd92589.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1516985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90919.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1516986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59239.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	84.6 KB