Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

terminology list?

Old 10-01-2006, 10:37 PM
pontihack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default terminology list?

Hi Guys.... I watched a buddy fly the other day and to my wife's chagrin, I am hooked!
I find myself lost in some conversations when terminology comes up that I am unfamiliar with. I am willing to put in the study time, I just need a resource for the lingo.
Any ideas?
ps I just ordered the G3 simulator so I can get a feel for flying before I get my first training lesson. Any feedback on that?
Thanks!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:07 PM
campbec

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: terminology list?

Hi,

Hopefully this will help.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/glossary.cfm

Cheers,

Colin
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Welcome to the END of free time and disposable income as you knew them.

Sims won't help much without the aid of an instructor, but if you can fly the sim, you will learn very quickly. (If that sounds contradictory, it is. Some people can pick this up fairly quickly). Get an instructor before you buy ANYTHING. He/She will help you get the proper equipment.

Terminology is listed in the RCU glossary, but you will pick it up at the field. I am almost certain there was a glossary, but I don't see it right away. You can ask terminology questions here as well.

Save yourself some hassle and get a good divorce lawyer now.....(just kidding...a joke for your wife). I hope you have a comfy couch.

Welcome to the DARK SIDE...we've been waiting for you.

All kidding aside, this is by far the best hobby God invented. And those of us who stick with it long enough for the REALLY COOL stuff to happen are quite blessed. If you fly A LOT...like every day for a year...you will be able to do amazing things, like things you only see in videos. Your skill level will improve ONLY with stick-time. Sims will help, but actually flying is the only way to practice um....flying.

Good luck and welcome! ....Now give us all your money and smile about it.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:21 AM
bruce88123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Best advice I can give you is to have all of your stuff shipped to your office or an unmarried friends house. What your wife doesn't see being delivered she won't hold against you. Eventually your wife will get used to no longer having a place to park her car and just submit.

Welcome to RC.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 PM
flyingJ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Pontihack, WELCOMEEEE TO THE DARK SIDE hahahah !!!! Was this out to the "Hump" on W.River rd.? Becareful of the {lhs} local hobby shop if you deal with the cars he will help you. The flyers usally buy else where because of his personality and attitude. It is completely selfserve and he will point you in the general direction of where it might be if he thinks he has it. Better sources are Mike's in Rutland Vt. Barnspeed in Lee Mass, or tower hobbies. I try to help the independents before the big online shop. A lot of times they can do better, match or be only slightly more than tower. I do use tower I won't knock them, but I like helping the little guy.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
heartless

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

flyingj you sound like your from richmond, in. we have the same problem with our lhs.

jim