Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Charger Solution

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Charger Solution

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:10 PM
R C Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger Solution

Hello, I need assistance in picking a charger.

I need to charge both my stock Futaba 9c Super Battery and my [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBGF6&P=ML]Hobbico HydriMax 6.0V 1650mAh Flat U Sanyo[/link] battery.

I was looking at both the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL357&P=7]Hobbico Accu-Cycle Tx/Rx Battery Cycler[/link] and the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVN1&P=7]MRC Super Brain 959 Charger[/link]. I know these would both work, but needed help on deciding between the two. The reason I picked these is a budget restraint, and an AC power preference, if there are any others that you can suggest that would be awesome.

With the Hobbico charger, I noticed that it is out of stock at Tower, and my L.H.S does not have them, is there any other on-line store that sells these?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jack
Old 10-11-2006, 08:26 PM
john_s3
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Charger Solution

I Havev Been useing Accu- Cycle For Years.If You Are Going For A Charger/Cycler I Recomend The Accu-Cycle Elite.
It Can Do All You Ask Pluse It Is AC And DC,It Will Do The Lipo Batterys( You MAy Have Them Some Day),It Has I Belive A 6 Battery Memory And It Can Charge two Different types Of Batterys At The Same Time.It Is The Last Charger.I Will Need.Untill They Come Up With A New Type Of Battery.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use and like the Accu-Cycle (and one of my radios is a 9C). For routine charging I use the wall-warts that came with the radios or my Hobbico Multi-Charger (a real klunker but reliable), all of which I have plugged into a powerstrip on a clock timer to put 15 minutes a day charge on all my NiCads. The Accu-Cycle discharge w/readout feature is worth the price. Looking back I wish I'd got the Elite that automatically begins additional cycles when doing multiple charge/discharge refreshes. Not a big thing, and my manual method gives the batteries a chane to cool down - though they don't get hot at any time.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

The superbrain is a great charger but if you can I would step up to the next model in the lineup. You will get a lot more charger for the money. I have the 977 and it is great.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:57 PM
R C Jack

The 977 looks great, but is a little outside of my price range...
Old 10-13-2006, 03:42 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

I had the 959 before the 977 and it works just fine. I use all of the extra features of the 977 though so it was a good upgrade for me. Since budget is an issue check ebay and you may be able to get into a 977 for the price of the 959??
Old 10-13-2006, 02:42 PM
R C Jack

Maybe, but I think I am leaning more towards the Accu Thanks for your help though
Old 10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
R C Jack

Does the Accu-Cycler peak charge? Is peak charging important with NiCds and NiMh batteries?