Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

finally hit the air, after 10mths ao the shelf

Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

finally hit the air, after 10mths ao the shelf

Old 10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
hyper701

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default finally hit the air, after 10mths ao the shelf

about 10 months ago i bought a phoenix model classic trainer with a os 40-la ( i did not realize there is so mush involved in flying rc planes ). after i got the plane home and put it together i was warned not to fly it unless i had an instructor, and i must admit..... i thought stuff if im just gona fly it, but i chickened out at the last minute. so the plane sat on the shelf for about 10 months until about 2 weeks ago i was going through the local newspaper and i came across a article about a local club looking for members, so i went out to the club and had a look at what goes on, it was great and they had a instructor there who said he would teach me.

when i woke up this morning i put all the gear in my car and headed out to the club, i got there and the instructor went through the plane adjusting everything so the plane would fly properly, ok it was ready to go, he started it up and off it went, it flew perfect, i never thought this plane would ever fly. after stuffing around with the trimming for a few minutes it was time to learn how to fly. i cant plug a buddy box into my controller so he worked the rudder elevator stick, and let me work the throttle aileron stick. the instructor said i did really well and he will give a few more lessons b4 i fly buy myself. now i am kicking myself i never got out the the club sooner, and i can see myself spending alot more time out there[8D]
Old 10-15-2006, 02:00 AM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: finally hit the air, after 10mths ao the shelf

I just LOVE saying this....

Ahem.....Welcome to the end...of Free-Time and Disposable-Income as you once knew them.

Be prepared to skip little things in life in order to fly more, better and bigger. (Little things like Weddings, Funerals, Work, Family, Personal Hygiene and Household Maintenance).

Good Luck and Congratulations. This the best hobby that God ever invented, and he saved it for the ones he shorted a bit on sanity and intelligence.... as a sort of consolation prize.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:38 AM
hyper701

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

u r to late agexpert, thar happend to me about 10 years ago with rc cars and boats
Old 10-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Fastsky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Re: "i did not realize there is so mush involved in flying rc planes" < few new flyers actually find out just how much there is to this hobby . After you pass your wings and will want a good 2nd type plane. Then you will want to try a pattern plane, then maybe a warbird, then maybe you want to try to build from plans and then......., well after a while you will wonder why you are running out of room in your basement!!![X(]
Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 PM
SoonerAce

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Then you have to buy a big house/barn to house all your beauties.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:53 AM
campbec

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi hyper701,

If you live near Gladstone/Smithtown NSW we fly from the centre of the old race track where they still school horses and I'm happy to help you, please PM.

If you live in Gladstone QLD the commute is a bit far but welcome to a new addiction and congrats on your first successful lesson.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Flak

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hyper 701,
Kitchen Faucet Drips....At The Field, House Needs Painting....At The Field, Grass Needs Mowed...At The Field, Hedge Needs Trimmed...At The Field, Wife Has Day Off...At The Field, (Buy Her A Cat), Garage Needs Cleaned...At He Field, Rainy Day...Home in the Workshop Building Another Plane. What A Great Hobby! Welcome to the Incurable R/C Airplane Madness/Sickness. You'll be spending a lot of time here also. Good Luck.