Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

ultra stick for beginer

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

ultra stick for beginer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 04:37 AM
bullet65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultra stick for beginer

i have not flown since kid and now 37.want to start again and wanting feedback for a hanger9 60 either ultra or super stick.lick the looks of ultra pluse as i get better it can also.will be useing trainer with buddy box also.thanks
Old 01-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Sticks make fantastic second airplanes. I started on a Kadet MKII and that worked great. My second plane was a GP Big Stick 40. I got almost 1000 flights on it. First plane that I did spins, consecutive touch and go's and many other things. Sticks are Great! I have a US 60 in the box that I will have ready for this summer. Everything I have heard about it is positive.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:15 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you've flown before, it's like riding a bike. You're making the right move by using a buddy box to get your chops back in shape. The Stick should be a great choice.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:35 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

I took four years off while I was in the military. Not quite as long as you, but enough to make me pretty nervous before I flew again. It comes back quickly! If you flew much as a kid, you'll probably be surprised at how little assistance you need with the buddy box.

The toughest thing for me was getting back in the routine of getting things ready. After I went out to the field a few times with a dead ni-starter I got a little more fastidious about it.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Gdolboy3

Yeah, if you've flown before and have experience up thru "Soloing" I'd definately go with a stick. I got pulled from the hobby for about 4 years. Well I got back in on a Durplane, figuring that if I couldn't find a club I'd be able to get back in the air on my own and not be out much money if I dorked it in the ground. Well, I got lucky and found a great club. One of the senior instructors looked at it, and said it was alright. Took it up for me, and handed me the box. I was nervous for about a minute and then all the basic rules of flying, take-off, and landing come right back. I was dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, I loved that Duraplane, but I wished I had jumped back into the sport with a Ultrastick or something like that. The next time I went flying I was comfortable enough to open her up. The poor little Duraplane just couldn't stop bein a trainer. If I was You, specialy if you get hooked on a buddy cord, the UltraStick is great. I just had a student Learn and solo on his ultrastick. Fun plane when you snap into high rates and hammer down :spinnyeye
Old 01-21-2003, 03:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I still go out to the field with a dead ni-starter LOL
Old 01-21-2003, 03:49 PM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I still go to the field without my radio.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

I still go out to the field with a dead ni-starter LOL
I can relate - Forgot my heavy coat in November. Going back to get it gave me an opportunity to get lunch
Old 01-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was so worried once about forgetting my wing tube that I forgot my canopy!

Go for the stick; it will allow you to grow. If you are using an instructor then you are right on course for a successful reentry into the hobby! I took four years off while in college and know how one can feel a little less confident, but it comes right back.