Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Peeing contest--let's go

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Peeing contest--let's go

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
LT-40
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peeing contest--let's go

I knew that Spektrum and JR were related the moment I saw the DX6. I quickly realized that the case of my XF631 was exactly the same as the DX6 except for the stickers. This also fit very well with the JR=Spektrum thing because the day that the XF631 was discontinued, the DX6 was introduced. They are exactly the same except for the way that the signal is transmited and received. All of the features and programing functions are all the same and they are both using the same "opperating system" JR and Spektrum are not the same company, but they are both sub-companies of Horizon Hobby.

Why did Horizon start the Spektrum company instead of just putting 2.4 ghz into JR? I have no idea, but it doesn't really matter because in 5 years all radios will be 2.4 GHz anyways; Futaba already has a 2.4 GHz system of their own.

LT-40
Old 03-12-2007, 10:22 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: LT-40

JR and Spektrum are not the same company, but they are both sub-companies of Horizon Hobby.
The people at Japan Remote Control Co. just might disagree with you on that. Horizon is the US distributor.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 PM
theo63

after reading this thread i was thinking the whole time,fly fly fly the planes,plane up, plane back down landed in one piece,smile thats what its about!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MikeL

ORIGINAL: LT-40

JR and Spektrum are not the same company, but they are both sub-companies of Horizon Hobby.
The people at Japan Remote Control Co. just might disagree with you on that. Horizon is the US distributor.
Yes Mike, I was also surprised to learn from LT-49 that a relative newcomer in the world like Horizon Hobby would own an international conglomerate like Japan Remote Control Co which was founded in 1946. BTW - Horizon Hobby is also owned by Hobbico.

Now can we just forget all this nonsense? Everyone just go buy a radio and paint over the mfg ID and be happy. Pretend they're all made by Walt Disney. Just as believable as some of the other stuff I've read here.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:19 PM
MikeL

Yeah, we wouldn't want to be accurate or anything.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Happy Feet

This is why I use Fuuutabahhh
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, because we all know that Only you could be acurate.

I'm sure Walt Disney gets money off of each TX sold in the US--somehow.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:02 PM
MikeL

ORIGINAL: 2slow2matter

If you didn't try to determine business relationships from looking at a radio, you could be accurate, too.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:30 PM
bruce88123

I'm sure Walt Disney gets money off of each TX sold in the US--somehow.
Good trick if he can do it. Been dead for many years.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Guys let it go, it ain't that important!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
2slow2matter

Walt Disney the man is dead, but Walt Disney is far from dead. Still making money hand over fist.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:52 PM
2slow2matter

K3,
you're right, it aint that important, but isn't it funny? We've managed to take a petty disagreement to page three, working on four. Why? because it isn't in some people to let it go. All one has to do is breathe a little on the fire and it will continue to burn on it's own for hours. Just when it begins to die, puff--here it goes again.
But I think it's time to let this one die. It's been fun. Have I changed my mind? Not at all--but neither have the others, so that's OK.

BTW, Mike, if you wouldn't draw all of your conclusions simply from what others want you to know, and only from what you read, then you, too, could be more acurate in your observations.

Have a good one, men. This one has ran it's course.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
MikeL

you're right, it aint that important, but isn't it funny? We've managed to take a petty disagreement to page three, working on four. Why? because it isn't in some people to let it go.
Nah, it's not about letting it go. People come to these forums for information. When we toss in our two cents, we've got a moral and ethical duty to make sure that what we're saying is accurate. If we're speculating, we shouldn't say that our speculation is fact. We shouldn't spread it as fact, and we shouldn't encourage others to believe it to be fact. RCU is basically a giant repository of information and experience. If we're going to contribute to it, we need to take the time to make sure that our contributions don't lead others astray.

More people search the forum for answers or browse topics than actually ask questions. Spreading misinformation helps no one.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
bruce88123

K3,
you're right, it aint that important, but isn't it funny? We've managed to take a petty disagreement to page three, working on four. Why? because it isn't in some people to let it go. All one has to do is breathe a little on the fire and it will continue to burn on it's own for hours. Just when it begins to die, puff--here it goes again.
But I think it's time to let this one die. It's been fun. Have I changed my mind? Not at all--but neither have the others, so that's OK.

BTW, Mike, if you wouldn't draw all of your conclusions simply from what others want you to know, and only from what you read, then you, too, could be more acurate in your observations.

Have a good one, men. This one has ran it's course.
Yeah, and now instead of JR/Spektrum you are arguing about Walt Disney. Worthwhile thread? No. IMO
Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
2slow2matter

Arguing about Walt Disney?
I wasn't arguing about anything having to do with Walt Disney. All of that was said in gest, but I guess it went right over your head, didn't it?

Once again, Mike, you can't let it go. You gotta be right. All you know is what is printed. Spreading misinformation? Nothing I said would harm anyone intellectually or financially. It's all about you starting the original argument, and then not being able to let it go. You read something, and call it fact--with no personal observation. You dont' know anything any more definite than I do, so why don't you let it go? Quit talking to me like I've misled someone into oblivion.

You speak of Rcuniverse as if it should be the be all and end all to all RC FAQ's. RCU is NOT a collection of facts--nor is it intended to be a collection of facts. For God's sake, this is a hobby. It's all about people's opinions. I certainly take your opinions with a grain of salt, so why can't you take mine with the same authority? If you could, you would have let this die two pages ago.

In fact, I just sit back and laugh at how easily you guys are riled up. I think I'll just stay until the mods shut this one down--which will probably be soon (should be soon).

Is too, Is not, Is too, Is not, Is too, Is not. Wow, how easily I'm amused............................................ .............
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

In fact, I just sit back and laugh at how easily you guys are riled up. I think I'll just stay until the mods shut this one down--which will probably be soon (should be soon).
Yep, I gotta agree here. I think it's about time for this one to be put to bed. There was a lot of good info put out so I'm just going to lock it and leave it up so others can read through it and get the info out of it.

Ken