Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

looking for a 400 size brushless

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

looking for a 400 size brushless

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Raad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a 400 size brushless

al salam alaikum ,
hello all ,, i was looking for help .. i cannot find a brushless motor that has a good price and does the job for me !

i am looking for a brushless motorsimilar to the 400f , i tried to buy one from justgofly , but they only accept paypal .. and paypal does not provide service thru where i live ..
i need help finding a motor .. been looking for motors for a while now and everytime ibuy one n wait for it .. i get an email a week later saying its out stock
the motor need to provide around 150 watts .. i will be running it on a CC thunderbird 18 ESC and an e3 11V 1800mah 3S with a 5*5 prop or a 5.25*4.75
shipping will be to a US or a UK address ..,, anyone know a place i can buy from ?
thank you !

Raad,,[&o]
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for a 400 size brushless

Check out the KMS brushless outrunners at http://www.hobbypeople.net They're very reasonably priced, good quality, and Hobby People will be happy to take your major credit card as well as provide shipping to a U.S. address.

Good luck, and good shopping!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:00 AM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: looking for a 400 size brushless

I use the Mega 16/15/x SERIES. They are direct replacements for 400s. You can buy them from Hobby-Lobby.com.

Using Motocalc a Mega 16/15/5 will deliver the 128 output watts. But MotoCalc shows that the prop is stalled. So it will not work.

Can you increase your prop size to a 6x4? That will get you 128 watts out. Your 18 amp controller will be close to its upper limit. Too close for me to use.

If you can increase your prop to a 7.5 x 4 you will get about 190 watts out on the 16/15/5. But you will need a 35 amp controller.

Without a gear box it is going to be hard to deliver 150 watts and use the 18 amp controller. Using a gear box would require a bigger prop.

What plane are you going to be flying?

The Mega motors are not consider cheap at a cost of about $90 each. But they are a great value.

Hope this helps.

bob