Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Super tiger 61

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Super tiger 61

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Gstan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super tiger 61

I have an older, 10 years, Super tiger 61 ABC I think. I need to know the size of the muffler screws and prop nut. If there is a parts list somewhere online that would be great.
Also, where do you guys order allen screws, blind nuts etc online?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super tiger 61

[link=http://manuals.hobbico.com/sup/supz0099-manual.pdf]Parts list.[/link] Look on page 12 thru 15. It does`nt give the size, but give you the part #s and a exploded view.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:54 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thr prop nut is either 1/4-28 or 5/16-24 they changed to the larger diameter when the engines became more powerful in the late 70's.as far as the mufler screws you may have to get original parts on this one as most older supertigre's use a very hard to find thread called British Standard Whitworth thread I believe the newer engines that are made in china went to metric threads.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:41 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

Allen bolts , Blind nuts & things if this nature are much easier had & much cheaper at any decent hardware store. Not the type of thing I buy online.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM
aerowoof

good luck tying to find any screws or nuts with British Standard Whitworth thread at any hardware store in the us.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

good luck tying to find any screws or nuts with British Standard Whitworth thread at any hardware store in the us.
Sorry, I wasn't aware we were talking about a British engine.[&:] They were originally produced in Italy, but are now being produced in China. I would think they would be using metric thread at this point, but I could be wrong!! If so then you are correct in that the local hardware store might not be the answer unless you buy a tap from them & re-thread it so that you can use bolts that are readily available. Nothing burns me up worse than paying 5 or 6 bucks in shipping for a .20 cent screw![:@]
Old 05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
aerowoof

we are talking super tigres,I have been using super tigres since 1968,they were made in italy but for some reason the manufacture decided to use British Standard Whitworth threads instead of metric.I learned this when I lost a back plate screw in combat and could not find one any where.I do not have any of the chinese made super tigres but I think they are standard metric sizes as I recall reading that in a clearence lee review in rcm a few years ago.