Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

cg mysteriously out of balance??

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

cg mysteriously out of balance??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:21 PM
mbilar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cg mysteriously out of balance??

LOL. Just for what it's worth: My first actual lesson, the instructor didn't have the right buddy cord so we did the 'hand it back and forth' type of training. I admire his 'stones' and he proved it, when at one point when the plane was on the far southeast corner of us, I lost control because I lost orientation (inexperience), but because he DIDN'T take his eyes off it, he knew exactly what was needed, grabbed the TX and pulled us up out and around as if it was no big deal. He gave me credit for doing the right thing as I lost it, but I had no clue! So-- power to all you instructors who know how to save a plane.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have to break in new co-pilots on a twin turbo-prop I flew on weekends. I had a couple that I had to tell to just sit on their hands so they would stop touching things. Only way they were safe in the cockpit. Some so-called "experienced" pilots turned out to be very dangerous. [:@]
Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
fredsedno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Nxtar which I stalled on takeoff.Took it home&assessed damage,fuse broke off at windsheild.
It appears that this part of the fuse. is not constructed as strong as a trainer needs to be.I will rebuild&reinforce this area,firewall included. Also measured mean aerodynamic chord @2.59 [25% of chord].Balance marks on wing bottom are way beyond 3 inches.
Pretty far aft for a "trainer"??
After repairs are complete I will move cg forward to 2.625,unless somebody with more experience convinces me to do otherwise.
Would appreciate comments.