Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

new funtana

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

new funtana

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
mambarider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new funtana

Well I ordered a funtana 50 this morning and man am I pumped. It will have a 55 ax, ds 821 servos, st 47 on throttle, and apc 13x4 prop. I have a few questions so here gos.

Would it be better to seal both sides of the hinges or only one? I'm looking for strength here as well as avoiding flutter.

What style of pitts muffler would be best, a slimline or a bisson? How do these compare to the stock muffler as far as performance goes?

What is the best fuel line set up for this plane? So far I've only used two line systems.

Any suggestions on an aluminum spinner that will fit with no mod's

I had another question but can't remember what it was so thats it for now. Any other insights would be appreciated.

Thanks, David
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new funtana

Hello David, I fly a similar set up in the older Funtan 40s. I use a Slimline pitts and the 55AX seems to like it. An APC 13x4W is the perfect match for that engine and will provide plenty of vertical performance. This engine does seem to want a bit more break in than the old FX engines. I personally have not sealed my hinges and have not had flutter problems with my plane... Oh and I am using those cheap Tower Hobbies standard ball bearing servos. As far as your fuel line set up I like a three line or a fueler valve set up for draining purposes at the end of the day. A good True Turn Spinner would be fine but you may need to open it up with a dremel to get that 13x4w in it. I just use a Dubro plastic spinner. You will love that plane. It is better than the 40s...
Old 07-24-2007, 05:30 AM
lukenorris

http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...exact_match=on

tru-turn wide blade cut spinner
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I am running I Saito 82 but like the ease and light weight of the spinner nut. It may not be as pretty but it weighs less. Also notice the fuel dot in the picture. I have used the three line set up two ways. One way is to use a second clunk on the third line. On the F50X I just stopped the third line just inside the stopper. Again to save weight. The only drawback is I have to stand it up on it's nose to take the fuel out. If you do the second clunk just make it a lttle shorter than your main clunk.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57717.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	729550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98771.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	729551  
Old 07-25-2007, 01:51 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Is Katana a good 3rd plane for an intermediate flyer? Sorry I didnt wanna deviate you people from the topic but just wanted to ask, as probably as my 3rd plane I'd go for it. Is it a fast aerobatic plane and forgiving or it needs more precise pratice specially at landing?

Thanx

Mody
Old 07-25-2007, 01:52 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Sorry its Funtana not Katana? whats the difference between funtana and katana BTW.

Mody
Old 07-25-2007, 06:33 PM
mambarider

Daveopam, looks nice. How did your funtana balance with that spinner nut?

I had a small setback. A damaged aileron. A new one will be here Friday. The lhs took care of it for me. Nice people.

Your fuel line set up sounds easy and simple. A strong candidate.

This plane has huge control surfaces. I plan on setting up low rates at around 3/4 of recommended low rates and high rates at recommended low rates or slightly above till I get the feel of it.

Can't wait till I get this in the air, it will be sweet.

Thanks David