Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Tower System 3000 6XM interface

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Tower System 3000 6XM interface

Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 PM
STEVEB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower System 3000 6XM interface

I am working with a student pilot's Tower Hobbies System 3000 6XM xmtr as the master radio for flight instruction. The buddy box is a Futaba Skysport. The Tower System 3000 works perfectly when flying the airplane. When we checked the buddy box with the Tower System 3000, all worked well with the exception of the ailerons. There was movement in the proper direction but , the servo, when controlled by the buddy box, would not center. We tried to center the servo with trim but there was insufficient trim to do the job, plus it left nothing for flight trimming. All other servos centered. The pilot/owner didn't have the manual to see if there might be a mixing issue so the buddy box was shelved and training continued via the pre-buddy box method of passing the xmtr. Fortuneately the student was very adept and no problems were encountered.

Any clues here?

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower System 3000 6XM interface

I know that using JR spread spectrum and a futaba buddy you have to pull the chrystal out of the slave and have the slave on! unlike your problem nothing worked until it was on. I also know that there have been a bunch of bad jr to futaba buddy cords. perhaps you have a bad cord.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:30 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tower System 3000 6XM interface

It's not uncommon for trims between any 2 radios to not be in the same place when used as master/buddy. You have come upon an extreme example of this. Only real solution with this pair is to adjust the clevis on plane to be near end of trim travel one way on master and then HOPE it will fall in near the other end of trim on the trainer radio.