Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What did you get for Xmas?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What did you get for Xmas?

Old 12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you get for Xmas?

50CC Edge540T and ZDZ 50CC engine with electronic ignition.

Time to put things together.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A muzzeloader is A lot of fun too but even harder to clean then engine snot!!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:23 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, trade one kind of slime for another. It will be fun, though. It's funny that I just before Thanksgiving rented a dozer and opened up the runway another 260', so it's not like I didn't make some visible contribution to my R/C hobby. I really thought I had a Mustang or Corsair under there...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33872.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	834105  
Old 12-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Amy_Cici

Hi!Wonderful present!If you need fine and high quality model planes.Please let me know and feel free to contact with me.Thanks!

HTTP://www.skylightmodel.com

E-MAIL:[email protected]

MSN:[email protected]

Welcome
Old 12-26-2007, 09:31 AM
vmsguy

ORIGINAL: mesaflyer

Hey snacker,
Last year my brother put a few boxes with nuts, bolts, washers, etc. (anything that would make noise) as presents for my kids (9 and 11 at the time). Of course they picked them up and started shaking them. You should have seen the look on their faces[X(]! Bad Uncle, bad bad bad.
I have to remember that one.... ! Of course, I'd get them "real" presents too, but have them open the "bad" ones first...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:17 AM
rhowardsta

Wife got me some building goodies ! Table top sander, drill press,and a scroll saw ! My shop is now complete ! Now I just gotta figure out what to build .......
Old 12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
ctshepherd
My Feedback: (34)

2 sweatshirts, dress socks, Music, weight bench, Tower Hobbies Gift Certificate, lottery tickets and the big one...... PAU 30% Extra 330L
Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
kid chuckles

Well Santa (my children) gots me some allen head with the swivel handles and some that are about 8" long to reach the hard to get spots. A Jeff Gordon T-Shirt (my man) and some real good food. Also got to spend the day with all my Grandkids and all but one of my Kids and that in itself was the very best present anyone can get. Warm home Warm Family and Hot Food.
Troposcuba. I just sold a 395ci. 383 Stroker 6in Eagle Rods, Ross custom made Pistons, 206 double hump heads, Lunati Crank, Hybrid Roller rockers, Spec IMCA intake, 50,000 volt dist. Pistons were 2.50 dome Balanced, 350 lite wt. flywheel. Lunati 600lft cam Solid. Would just have been way much for this car. But understand where your coming from lol. O everything in the heads were to match the Comp. Stroke and all after all that is where your power come from. Raced along time before back problems Now i am a FLYER rofl.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:38 PM
carrellh

For Christmas I got an onboard glow driver that will go on my Waco bipe with inverted engine, and a combination switch/charge jack/battery monitor.

I also got to spend time with my family, which means more to me than any material gift.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
frenchie79

A Sig SE and an OS 46 AX, Oh ya and a 7C 2.4 Futaba Radio with 3152 servos. Oh ya and socks!
Oh ya-My boys got me designer jeans-around 80 bucks each and they come with holes in them!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:05 PM
hungryandbroke

I got a new flight tote and a pilot for my giant scale trainer.....

Name:	Wr54354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	834405  
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2007, 04:40 PM
frenchie79

Thats great-maybe you can program one of the radio switches to have an ejection seat! Did I say I like cats.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the 2nd consecutive Christmas I contracted a blasted fever. Spent the day in bed. Even missed the wife's special holiday dinner.

Goodies I got were the usual - socks, undies, a 2008 World Almanac, sweatshirt, a toothbrush, a couple of DVDs (Ken Burns' The War) and from Santa, a Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Navigator. My boy scored the muthaload - H9 Mini UltraStick, EFlite 480, EFlite 40A ESC, ThunderPower 2100 3S Lipo and a Spektrum DX-7.

Hope I get to play with the kid's stuff but somehow think he won't let me...
Old 12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: vmsguy

ORIGINAL: mesaflyer

Hey snacker,
Last year my brother put a few boxes with nuts, bolts, washers, etc. (anything that would make noise) as presents for my kids (9 and 11 at the time). Of course they picked them up and started shaking them. You should have seen the look on their faces[X(]! Bad Uncle, bad bad bad.
I have to remember that one.... ! Of course, I'd get them "real" presents too, but have them open the "bad" ones first...
The bad uncle did get them real presents, but as you say, had them open the bad ones first. Still, he let us in on the joke before hand. It was pretty funny.

So this year, my wife got my son the Tiger 60 kit, and she got me the Top Flight Sea Fury kit. Of course, he and I have already started building the Tiger.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:28 AM
nhblacksmith

I've got the family well trained...the wife gave me a Sig Hog-Bipe kit and the kids gave me a Unionville Hobby Supply 85"WS Norseman kit with floats. Lots of little jigs and tools as well! My wife just started flying last fall and will be finishing up lessons this spring so now I get to keep two of us in planes.

Neal
Old 12-27-2007, 09:14 AM
[AKA]StraferX

Santa was good this year! She got me a fat gift card from the LHS which I used yesterday due to the after Christmas sales. I picked up a Hobbico NexSTAR 46 Trainer ARF .46,68.75" and a bunch of balsa for some misc projects, a fist full of props, digital battery checker, new skin irons, several rolls of monokote. Also received a nice gift card from Lowes and used it to get a nice bench sander to fine tune parts with. I will also use the sander to detail little art things for her so she can do her toll painting on them.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
farr301

I got an OS 46LA for my Sig Mid Star under consruction. 75$ to Tower hobbies. AMA renewal. Fly RC subscription. Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 40. Great Planes Slot Machine. Realflight G4. Six Flags Season Pass. I'm loving it right now.

Merry Christmas

Farr301
Old 12-27-2007, 02:40 PM
shd3920

Me and my family didn't do well. All I wished for was to end the financial problems and heart-aches we are presently enduring caused by the death of a dear friend and someone we considered family, who passed away this passed May of a heart attack.

Yes we are still struggling to get by even now as he left us in very bad shape with mortgages and such way passed due, and the risk of losing the house and now my Social Security Disability benefits which is going in front of a judge soon.

I will be filing for Chapter 13 Bankrupty within the week to stop the foreclosure on the house and wipe out most of my debts. Once that is done and everything and my family is safe with still a roof over their head and somewhat happy again, maybe then I will get a new Trainer kit for myself.

Well, any way, that is the Christmas I had. Let's hope for a better 2008.

And I am so sorry for the loss of your dear wife, chopper man . What a terrible loss, you and your precious daughter and rest of your family are in my prayers.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
clouddancer

chopper man shd3920 God Bless you both

I wish and hope for better things for you in the new year.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:12 PM
chopper man

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I'm not sure if I'll ever get over the loss of my dear wife. I loved her so very much. This Christmas was extremely difficult but I think my little girl had a good time considering verything that she has gone through.

shd3920
I don't know your full situation but I may be able to offer some insight. I have heard that once a person passes away it is that person responsiblity to pay his or her own debt. Since they are unable to pay their debt, if you produce a death certificate they are oblicated to wright the debt off. Every state may be different. I'm sure you have done your homework but I thought that I heard that filing chapter 13 does not protect your home. I hope this is not true in your case. Anyway, good luck and God Bless you and your family in 2008. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Oh by the way, my little girl some how gave me a Futaba 2.4 Fast radio system for X-Mas. She's the best.

chopper man
Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 PM
amdhotprocessor
My Feedback: (6)

pulse pnp and a nitroplanes 45'' edge540
Old 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
acarter

I got a parkzone spitfire, If you look closely you can see the tape around the tail and a nice dent on the leading edge of the left wing. On my second flight I had to do an emergency landing in a cornfield after my battery got to low and the motor cut off. And I also got batteries for my giant scale.

Austin

Name:	Pn37444.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	835824  
Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Nothing a little Elmer's Polyeurethane glue can't fix!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:02 PM
acarter

It's actually straping tape, It is super sticky and strong. I think the fuse is actually stronger now
Old 12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Missileman

Aside from the Norseman kit I mentioned in a pre-Christmas post I got.
Bowflex Extreme home gym
Fender strat.
Yamaha amp.
Led Zeppelin guitar music 5 book set (First 5 albums including soloes)
4 disc Led Zepplin CD set (I like Zep)
CCR music book
Pink Floyd music book (Dark side of the moon )
Air brush set with compresser
and the usual, PJs, robe, slippers, assorted sausage, cheese, chocolates ect...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.