Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Slo-V engine trouble!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Parkzone Slo-V engine trouble!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
andrewbradford70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Slo-V engine trouble!!!!!!!

hello i am new to rc universe and correct me if im wrong but, why isnt parkzone on the list of manufacterers, but lets get to the point here, i have a parkzone slo-V slow flyer with a stock brushed engine, i had to saughter a wire on today beasue of a malfunction, but now where i stand is that it makes a high pitched noise and it shuts on and off, and also sometimes when i turn the plane on it doesnt start up, the servos spring to life but hte engine stays dead untill i bump it against my leg, but if anyone can tell me how to fix it it will be greatly appreciated
Old 01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Parkzone Slo-V engine trouble!!!!!!!

What "list of manufacterers" are you referring to?

Also please explain what "saughter a wire on" means.

You may get an answer here but I would suggest the ELECTRIC Beginner area: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_102/tt.htm

Good luck and welcome to RCU.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:38 PM
F-15 Fan

I think he means "solder".
Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
bruce88123

Oh yeah, that makes a bit of sense now. Could easily have overheated/damaged something or just gotten a bad connection doing that.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
mclina

I would recommend that you take a picture of whatever it is you soldered, and post it in the "Park Flyers" forum. Somebody there may be able to help you.

Good luck
Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Just who is to blame here? Parkzone or RCU? You imply in your post that because Parkzone is not included, that your problem is somehow related to this exclusion.

This is a Beginners forum. Most problems are taken answered of here, mainly from experience.

There is an Electric forum here somewhere (look around), and perhaps you may have overlooked that. Maybe you could get an answer from there.

I don't think any of us here in the Beginners forum have contributed to the problem.. but we are perfectly willing to help you out, provided you give us all the information we need without the percieved blame.

CGr.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Just who is to blame here? Parkzone or RCU? You imply in your post that because Parkzone is not included, that your problem is somehow related to this exclusion.

This is a Beginners forum. Most problems are taken answered of here, mainly from experience.

There is an Electric forum here somewhere (look around), and perhaps you may have overlooked that. Maybe you could get an answer from there.

I don't think any of us here in the Beginners forum have contributed to the problem.. but we are perfectly willing to help you out, provided you give us all the information we need without the percieved blame.

CGr.
Gosh CGR, bad day was it?
He has now posted both in the Park Flyer and Electric Trainer forums so hopefully they will be able to help.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Xtremerc

CGr.
CGR I'D JUST BAN HIM FOR ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION !!!!
I GUESS YOU WAS BORN WITH A TRANSMITTER IN HAND?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: Xtremerc

CGr.
CGR I'D JUST BAN HIM FOR ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION !!!!
I GUESS YOU WAS BORN WITH A TRANSMITTER IN HAND?
Hey Hey, one bad day doesn't deserve another. CGR is usually very polite in his posts. Just my opinion.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Xtremerc

Just my opinion. This is AMERICA ISN'T IT.......
Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
CGRetired

Sorry guys.. it just appeared that someone was bad mouthing RCU for not having his plane on the forum. Perhaps a bad day and I apologize for that.[] Didn't mean to start something here.. so don't throw me in the prop arc, please!!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 PM
RedGN

Obviously andrew is an 'rc airplane beginner' it is a valid question in the correct forum. It doesn't say 'rc gas/nitro/let's just talk about what we want and diss everyone else' forum

If you don't know .... don't answer.

Everyone started somewhere.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

I have to defend my buddy here.

I see guys who two weeks ago admittedly crashed a trainer because of inexperience, trying to
reccomend a good 3-D plane. and guys who can't get their engines tuned reccomending props, fuel
and glow plugs to everyone on this forum and others, And nobody jumps down their throat.
A guy has a bad day and accidentally posts something he regrets, and instead of deleting it
comes out and apologizes and ridicules himself. And you continue to trash him for it?

Well I realize that 75% of the people here are experts at the art of RC flying, But you don't know
CGretired on a personal level other than his posts and if you spent 5 minutes in his company (or read the
bulk of his previous posts) you would know that he is an extremely helpful person that gives accurate info,
and is a pleasure to be around.

So before typing on your computer use your brains for a moment, and remember that everyone here is
human and makes mistakes. Some actually have the balls to admit it!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
agexpert

ORIGINAL: overbored77

I have to defend my buddy here.

I see guys who two weeks ago admittedly crashed a trainer because of inexperience, trying to
reccomend a good 3-D plane. and guys who can't get their engines tuned reccomending props, fuel
and glow plugs to everyone on this forum and others, And nobody jumps down their throat.
A guy has a bad day and accidentally posts something he regrets, and instead of deleting it
comes out and apologizes and ridicules himself. And you continue to trash him for it?

Well I realize that 75% of the people here are experts at the art of RC flying, But you don't know
CGretired on a personal level other than his posts and if you spent 5 minutes in his company (or read the
bulk of his previous posts) you would know that he is an extremely helpful person that gives accurate info,
and is a pleasure to be around.

So before typing on your computer use your brains for a moment, and remember that everyone here is
human and makes mistakes. Some actually have the balls to admit it!

Get over yourselves, you're just not that important. Get a room and don't ask... and (For God's sake..PLEASE), ...don't tell.

To the Original poster:

Turn ON the transmitter first. If that is not the problem, take it back to the store and buy an ACTUAL trainer. What you have is junk, a piece of excriment and perhaps useless. Get your money back, tell whomever you bought it from that he/she ripped you off and proceed to buy an actual AIRPLANE.

There are many here who will defend an RCU sponsor to their very death. Don't bother with them. Listen to people who can actually FLY the way YOU want to fly.

This is nothing more than a website. Talk to real people, make some real friends, get some real experience and join a real club. We are here to help, but the people you will meet in this hobby could potentially be friends for life.

Good Luck!!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 PM
RedGN

I am fairly new to RC and when i first came to RCU i did not know how to navigate through these forums also.

I was pleased that my experience was enjoyable and helpful thanks to all the kind and experience people on theis forum.

I hope that we are all here to help others who have less experience or who have just never come across curtain problems.

Everyone so far has been kind, and helpful. I am sure everyone has bad days but there is no excuse for basically telling a new member that his problems are not welcomed in this particular forum ( which they are ). I am trying to be very nice.

I will leave it at this since i have alot more in my 'brain', after all this is a forum for rc airplane beginners.

Remember- we all have bad days but we just can't shoot people.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Xtremerc

ORIGINAL: RedGN

Remember- we all have bad days but we just can't shoot people.